Former Fullerton Police officer faces felony charges of embezzlement, conspiracy to commit a crime

In Local News, Top Stories

(Sarah Wolstoncroft / Brandon Pho)

Former Fullerton Police officer Timothy Gibert faces felony charges of conspiracy to commit a crime and grand theft by embezzlement, court records show.

Timothy Gibert and two others were charged for taking over $950 in money and personal property from a Home Depot, court records show.

Timothy Gibert’s employment with the Fullerton Police Department ended on Feb. 8, said Fullerton Police Department Public Information Officer Sgt. Jon Radus in an email. Timothy Gibert left the department of his “own volition,” said Fullerton Interim Chief of Police David Hinig.

Hinig said he could not further discuss “any matter pertaining to a current or former employee of the police department.”

Timothy Gibert, 29, along with Devynne Gibert, 22, and Lauren Delatorre, 20, were all charged for the same crimes on Jan. 6, court records show. The case was filed by the San Bernardino District Attorney’s Office March 2.

All three charged are listed at the same address and could not be reached for comment. Court records show the trio is set to be arraigned April 11 at 8 a.m. at Victorville Superior Court.

The Home Depot involved is located in Apple Valley, said San Bernardino District Attorney Public Affairs officer Chris Lee.

Court records show Delatorre was the Home Depot employee involved, among other persons who have not been identified. From Oct. 3 to Dec. 22, 2016, the Giberts made eight transactions where they paid “less than retail price,” some of which included voided items, the records state.

Devynne Gibert and Delatorre also entered another Home Depot on Dec. 20 and “returned for store credit an item taken under a voided transaction,” court records show.

Timothy Gibert worked at the Fullerton Police Department for about seven years, Hinig said.

Timothy Gibert was recognized in April 2015 by Fullerton City Council and honored by Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) for making 117 DUI arrests in 2014, the fourth highest in Orange County that year, according to Behind the Badge FPD.

Micah Augimeri-Lee and Priscilla Bui contributed to this report.

CSUF associate history professor Jonathan Markley recounts his grandfather’s experiences in World War I

CSUF associate history professor Jonathan Markley recounted his grandfather Bruce Fowler’s experience serving in World War I at the

CSUF Public Relations Student Society of America to host first annual gala recognizing graduates

The first annual “PRSSA Gala: A Night Among Graduates” will be held Wednesday from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Scarce affordable housing in Orange County contributes to homelessness

Thousands of homeless people need affordable rental housing in Orange County, but if they want a place in Fullerton,