Former Fullerton Police officer faces felony charges of embezzlement, conspiracy to commit a crime

In Local News, Top Stories

Former Fullerton Police officer Timothy Gibert faces felony charges of conspiracy to commit a crime and grand theft by embezzlement, court records show.

Timothy Gibert and two others were charged for taking over $950 in money and personal property from a Home Depot, court records show.

Timothy Gibert’s employment with the Fullerton Police Department ended on Feb. 8, said Fullerton Police Department Public Information Officer Sgt. Jon Radus in an email. Timothy Gibert left the department of his “own volition,” said Fullerton Interim Chief of Police David Hinig.

Hinig said he could not further discuss “any matter pertaining to a current or former employee of the police department.”

Timothy Gibert, 29, along with Devynne Gibert, 22, and Lauren Delatorre, 20, were all charged for the same crimes on Jan. 6, court records show. The case was filed by the San Bernardino District Attorney’s Office March 2.

All three charged are listed at the same address and could not be reached for comment. Court records show the trio is set to be arraigned April 11 at 8 a.m. at Victorville Superior Court.

The Home Depot involved is located in Apple Valley, said San Bernardino District Attorney Public Affairs officer Chris Lee.

Court records show Delatorre was the Home Depot employee involved, among other persons who have not been identified. From Oct. 3 to Dec. 22, 2016, the Giberts made eight transactions where they paid “less than retail price,” some of which included voided items, the records state.

Devynne Gibert and Delatorre also entered another Home Depot on Dec. 20 and “returned for store credit an item taken under a voided transaction,” court records show.

Timothy Gibert worked at the Fullerton Police Department for about seven years, Hinig said.

Timothy Gibert was recognized in April 2015 by Fullerton City Council and honored by Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) for making 117 DUI arrests in 2014, the fourth highest in Orange County that year, according to Behind the Badge FPD.

Micah Augimeri-Lee and Priscilla Bui contributed to this report.

A white outline of the Pollak Library against a red backdrop

Former CSUF library dean Clem Guthro alleges university made false claims and misrepresented facts behind his firing

Former library dean Clem Guthro said Cal State Fullerton fired him without warning and berated him for holding up

Titans baseball team celebrate

CSUF baseball wins series, crushes Hawaii 8-0 at home on Sunday

After second baseman Hank LoForte predicted that Cal State Fullerton baseball would come out “on fire” following Saturday night’s

Champ, a black and white medium sized dogs, poses in his wheelchair

Barks of Love is bringing back Bark Bash to give dogs another chance at finding a home

Although the number of animals euthanized in shelters has decreased from 2011, 1.5 million cats and dogs are euthanized