Cal State Fullerton softball’s winning streak snapped on the road at UCLA

(Bailey Carpenter / Daily Titan Stock Photo)

Cal State Fullerton softball’s three-game winning streak came to an end Tuesday night after a 7-3 loss to the No. 13 ranked UCLA Bruins.

Fullerton starting pitcher Trish Parks suffered her fifth loss of the season, going 2.2 innings while giving up three runs against 15 batters faced.

After Bruins starting pitcher Paige McDuffee retired Fullerton quietly in the top of the first, the Bruins were able to scratch first, scoring an early first-inning run on a Rachel Garcia RBI single that brought in Delaney Spaulding for a 1-0 UCLA lead.

In the top of the third, the Titans loaded up the bases with two outs and knocked out McDuffee in the process. However, UCLA reliever Selina Ta’amilo induced a fielder’s choice to end the inning and CSUF’s scoring threat, keeping the score at 1-0.

The Bruins added on in the bottom of the third on a solo home run to left center from third baseman Brianna Tautalafua and an RBI single from catcher Paige Halstead, lengthening UCLA’s lead to 2-0.

The Titans responded in the top of the fourth with a Delynn Rippy two-out RBI double that scored pinch runner Kelsie Whitmore from second base, cutting the score to 3-1.

After coming in for Parks to get the last out of the third inning, Titan reliever Cerissa Rivera surrendered four runs in the fourth highlighted by a a three-run home run to left field from Tautalafua. Her second home run of the night extended the Bruins’ lead to 7-1.

In the fifth, the Titans put runners on first and second with one out against Ta’amilo, but were unable to capitalize after an Emily Randall flyout to left field was followed by Whitmore getting struck out.

The Titans scored two in the top of the seventh on RBI singles from Zoe Richard and Arianna Burns, but that was not enough as Mikaela Francis struck out to end the inning and the game.

After Tuesday’s loss, CSUF has lost its last six affairs against the Bruins, going back to 2015. The Titans fell earlier this season to the Bruins in a 2-0 contest at the Judi Garman Classic.

Fullerton (23-19) will look to get back on track as it starts a three-game series against Big West opponent Hawaii (25-15) starting Friday at 6 p.m. at Anderson Family Field.

Daniel Cope catching

Daniel Cope’s two-run home run in the seventh inning lifts Cal State Fullerton baseball over Hawaii 6-3

Catcher Daniel Cope crushed two-run home run in the bottom of the seventh inning gave Cal State Fullerton baseball

A map of Orange County highlights where each city stands in regards to the U.S. Department of Justice lawsuit against California's sanctuary city laws.

Orange County cities are divided over the U.S. Department of Justice lawsuit against California for its sanctuary city laws

The U.S. Department of Justice is suing the state of California for its sanctuary city laws that would not

The closing of the CSUF American Language Program could affect Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages concentration

The closure of the 32-year-old American Language Program, ALP, could have an effect on other programs at Cal State