Cal State Fullerton women’s golf: Martina Edberg finishes first at Hawkeye El Tigre Invitational

(Matt Brown / Cal State Fullerton Sports Media)

Martina Edberg won the Hawkeye El Tigre Invitational Tuesday morning, finishing 2-under par 214. It was Edberg’s eighth top-three finish in the nine tournaments Cal State Fullerton women’s golf has participated in.

Edberg’s win helped Fullerton finish in a tie for fifth place. The team moved up four slots on the last day of the tournament, finishing with a score of 34-over par 898.

Martina Flori of Ole Miss was a close second with a total of 1-under par 215, leading her team to a seventh-place finish with a total of 37-over par 901.

The invitational took place over a span of three days and hosted 14 different university teams.

The University of Washington took home the tournament with a team total of 9-over par 873. The University of Texas at San Antonio finished 10-over par 874 to take second place while the University of Wisconsin (15-over par 879) placed in third.

After Edberg, the next-best player for Fullerton was Elsa Lundquist, who finished 8-over par 224 to tie for 26th. The final day was her strongest, with a score of 4-under par 68.

Titan Lou Daniella Uy tied for 35th place with a final score of 11-over par 227. Pauline Welker (tied for 50th with a score of 17-over par 233), Felicia Medalla (tied for 73 with a score of 28-over par 244) and Britney Sok (who came in last with a score of 48-over par 264) also represented Cal State Fullerton at the invitational.

Their final tournament will bring the Titans back to California for the Big West Championships in Riverside. The tournament will take place April 23 to 25.

Infielder Sam Kennedy hits the ball during Cal State Fullerton's games against College of Charleston on March 17.

CSUF softball to visit top ranked UCLA in tournament rematch

The CSUF softball team will end their non-conference schedule with their biggest test this season, as they will visit

CSUF women's basketball assistant coach Charel Allen yells instructions to the team during a game.

Charel Allen brings her decorated overseas career to CSUF women’s basketball

A Notre Dame legend and five-time Bulgarian league champion, Charel Allen is a women’s basketball icon and the assistant

CSUF women's golf's Britney Sok looks at the shot she just took during a tournament.

CSUF women’s golf take second at Red Rock Invitational

After a narrow brush with victory at the Agave Highlands Golf Course in Arizona this weekend, CSUF women’s golf