Titan Public Relations and Working Wardrobes to host clothing drive at ice cream shop in Downtown Fullerton

In Local News, News

Titan Public Relations (PR) and its client Working Wardrobes will host the “Beauty Comes in All Sizes” clothing drive at Choux Creme April 20 at 6 p.m.

Choux Creme, a liquid nitrogen ice cream shop in Downtown Fullerton, agreed to give 20 percent discounts to anyone who donates items to Working Wardrobes, a nonprofit whose goal is to provide professional clothes to individuals re-entering the workforce.

Acceptable donation items include used clothing in all sizes.

The event is more than just collecting clothes, “it’s to spread awareness for the nonprofit organization that we’re working with,” said Titan PR account executive Leslie Mendez.

Titan PR worked closely with Working Wardrobes for the past year, Mendez said. Last semester, it held a weeklong clothing drive at Titan Walk that benefitted those in need.

Account coordinator Franky Barajas said preparation for the event began at the start of the semester.

Fashion bloggers, Mindy of Threads-N-Breads and Ria Lazo, are also scheduled to attend the event to help promote Working Wardrobes.

Mendez said that the one-day event is more of a “meet-and-greet” with a clothing competition, ice cream and a raffle at the end of the night.

“We talked about how we should always present something different to the client, so we wanted to think outside the box,” Mendez said.

Mendez said the attendance of fashion bloggers and other planned activities will make the event “more like a social and a clothing drive.”

“I think it’s great. It’s for a nonprofit client, so it’s definitely giving me at least a lot of exposure to what it means to work for a nonprofit,” Barajas said. “(Titan PR) definitely gets you a lot of exposure with other students too.”

Dumpling Duo: Smorgasburg LA is a foodie’s heaven

In one corner of a packed parking lot, southern-style savory meats rotating over a low flame sent delicious smoky

Orange County authorities begin mandatory evictions of homeless along Santa Ana Riverbed

Around 180 homeless individuals living along the Santa Ana Riverbed were relocated to motels on Tuesday following U.S. District

Cal State Fullerton announces new University Police chief following nationwide search

Raymund Aguirre has been selected as the new police chief at Cal State Fullerton following a nationwide search; he