Man tells CSUF student she is his “beautiful angel,” and “If I can’t have you, I’ll have to kill you”

A man threatened to kill a female student as he followed her from the Humanities Quad to University Hall around 4 p.m. Wednesday, according to a University Police crime alert. The suspect is still at large.

The suspect called the student his “beautiful angel” and said, “If I can’t have you, I’ll have to kill you,” according to the crime alert.

The suspect witnessed the student approach employees in UH to contact the police and left the area on his bike toward the corner of Nutwood Avenue and Commonwealth Avenue.

“She did a great job of reporting it right away,” said University Police Capt. Scot Willey.

The suspect was described as male, around six feet tall and “possibly Hispanic” with a shaved head. He was also wearing blue Dickies pants and “possibly a blue windbreaker.”

The woman saw the suspect change into a red Pendleton-style shirt after witnessing her contact authorities, Willey said.

“Career criminals have been wanted by the law before. They know that if they change their clothes real quick, that will throw off some of the officers that are out looking for a certain type of individual,” Willey said.

University Police officers canvassed the area but were unable to locate the suspect.

Detectives are searching through campus surveillance footage, though the cameras are in fixed locations, sometimes blocked by trees, so their search has yielded nothing helpful so far, Willey said.

It has not been confirmed if the suspect is a student, though Willey said it is highly doubtful.

“We don’t have a whole lot to go on, so we’re hoping that the public and our community will come forward with any other information,” Willey said.

There were no witnesses, Willey said. The suspect could be charged with a criminal threat if found.

University Police asks that the public call 657-278-2903 with additional information regarding the incident. People who encounter someone behaving like or matching the description of the suspect are advised to call 911.

Sarah Wolstoncroft contributed to this report.

Art student captures social stigmas of men in photo series for ‘Collectively Here’ exhibit

Isolation, substance abuse, body image and grief make up stories untold by four people through black and white photographs