Milo Yiannopoulos to bring free speech back to campuses nationwide with Milo Inc.

As Yiannopoulos prepares to come back from the Berkeley University riots, his new media venture is gaining funds to help him spread free speech in the places that need it most. (Cathryn Edwards / Daily Titan)

It’s not easy being a troll. That’s why Milo Yiannopoulos, former Breitbart senior editor and professional provocateur, is reportedly receiving $12 million in investments for proving his troll powers.

Yiannopoulos’ venture aims to revitalize free speech around the nation in the form of his new brand, Milo Inc.

“Berkeley is going to become the free speech capital of the United States once again. I will make sure of it,” Yiannopoulos said in a Facebook post in a response to the recent cancellation of Ann Coulter’s speech at UC Berkeley.

Like a phoenix rising from its ashes, his first target is Berkeley campus, with the intention of running a “Free Speech Week” event through his new company.

After his own appearance at Berkeley being canceled due to protests that resulted in over $100,000 in damage, the professional troll has found his niche. He has become the unofficial crusader for free speech.

Yiannopoulos’ passion for the First Amendment might just be what America is in need of.

After being permanently banned from Twitter for racially harassing actress Leslie Jones, some seemingly pro-pedophelia comments on a podcast, causing violent protests at UC Berkeley, losing a coveted book deal, then tanking on the Bill Maher show, Yiannopoulos is cashing in on his knack for getting a rise out of heated college students through debate.

While some of Yiannopoulos’ comments are objectively vile, bordering on hate speech, he is no gentle teddy bear looking to create peace among students, his intentions to use the First Amendment to its fullest extent are vital to keep free speech alive as the easily offended masses actively voice against his inflammatory opinions.

Hopefully, bringing the First Amendment back to Berkeley will be a beacon of hope as it’s clear that, nationwide, people look to the school as a stamp for cultural narrative despite its recent misguidings.

Although it seems that the riots and cancellations in Berkeley are having an effect on the stability of free speech in the U.S. today, thankfully some states are upholding the values that free speech poses.

In response to the events in Berkeley, Colorado has moved to ban all free-speech zones on university campuses, according to the Colorado Independent.

Where previously those looking to spread some sort of message were confined to specific areas, speakers are now allowed to go wherever they please.

“You look at some of the things happening in Berkeley and other areas, there seems to be no balance and people are being denied free speech and you’re seeing the frustration and frankly, violence,” said State Senator Tim Neville, who co-sponsored the bill and explained the reasoning in an interview with local news outlet Western Slope Now.

It’s no secret that the best and only way to come to any sort of consensus is to be able to have discussion. Although, Yiannopoulos is aiming for a sort of discussion that fuels some fires, it seems that his tactics are in response to polarizing attitudes in political and social dialogue.

Despite his controversial methods, free speech in America is in need of some shock and awe, and who better a crusader.

The important thing to take away from all of Yiannopoulos’ inflammatory speech–and don’t get me wrong, it definitely is inflamatory–is that in it lies the hope for free expression. He just goes at it in the same rugged way a father teaches his son to be a man by not helping him up when he falls.

Yiannopoulos plans his comeback during “Free Speech Week,” and according to an interview with the Washington Post, he plans to do whatever it takes to let his message be heard, claiming he has enough money to fund himself even if the university refuses to help.

Hopefully, with $12 million, this troll can find the bridge everyone can speak freely under.