Cal State Fullerton Baseball has four players selected on third day of 2017 MLB Draft

With Cal State Fullerton baseball’s first game in the College World Series just days away, four Titans were drafted on the final day of the 2017 Major League Baseball First-Year Draft.

In round 16, the Kansas City Royals chose junior catcher Chris Hudgins with 480th overall pick. Two rounds later junior infielder Dillon Persinger was drafted by the Cleveland Indians with the 522nd overall pick.

During the 24th round, senior infielder Timmy Richards was selected by the Washington Nationals with the 733rd overall pick. Nearing the end of the draft in the round 33, junior infielder Taylor Bryant was the last Titan to be selected, going to the St. Louis Cardinals as the 994th pick.

Hudgens ranked fifth in the Big West with 178 putouts, also the highest of any Titan. Hudgins’ 31 RBIs additionally ranked 14th in the Big West.

Persinger was also a strong fielder, trailing Hudgins with 161 putouts to rank sixth in the Big West. Persinger’s 18 stolen bases were also second-most in the conference.

Richards’ .301 batting average was the third-best among Titans players and ranked 19th in the conference, while Bryant ranked eighth in the Big West in RBIs with 35, the second-most of any Titans player.

The Cardinals also drafted the only one of Bryant’s teammates to hit more RBI’s than him, Scott Hurst (39), on the second day of the draft.

The Titans will face Oregon State on Saturday, June 17 at 12 noon (PST) in their first game of the College World Series.

CSUF College Republicans respond to ASI’s denouncement of Milo Yiannopoulos

The CSUF College Republicans club put out a press release Monday in response to the Associated Students, Inc. Board

CSUF scientists receive Nobel Prize for gravitational waves research

Members of the Cal State Fullerton community were among those recognized by the Nobel Committee Oct. 3, which awarded

CSUF campus holds mixed views about free speech ahead of Milo Yiannopoulos’ appearance

Controversy surrounding Milo Yiannopoulos’ scheduled visit Oct. 31 stirs at Cal State Fullerton. Discussions about freedom of speech have