Cal State Fullerton Baseball has four players selected on third day of 2017 MLB Draft

With Cal State Fullerton baseball’s first game in the College World Series just days away, four Titans were drafted on the final day of the 2017 Major League Baseball First-Year Draft.

In round 16, the Kansas City Royals chose junior catcher Chris Hudgins with 480th overall pick. Two rounds later junior infielder Dillon Persinger was drafted by the Cleveland Indians with the 522nd overall pick.

During the 24th round, senior infielder Timmy Richards was selected by the Washington Nationals with the 733rd overall pick. Nearing the end of the draft in the round 33, junior infielder Taylor Bryant was the last Titan to be selected, going to the St. Louis Cardinals as the 994th pick.

Hudgens ranked fifth in the Big West with 178 putouts, also the highest of any Titan. Hudgins’ 31 RBIs additionally ranked 14th in the Big West.

Persinger was also a strong fielder, trailing Hudgins with 161 putouts to rank sixth in the Big West. Persinger’s 18 stolen bases were also second-most in the conference.

Richards’ .301 batting average was the third-best among Titans players and ranked 19th in the conference, while Bryant ranked eighth in the Big West in RBIs with 35, the second-most of any Titans player.

The Cardinals also drafted the only one of Bryant’s teammates to hit more RBI’s than him, Scott Hurst (39), on the second day of the draft.

The Titans will face Oregon State on Saturday, June 17 at 12 noon (PST) in their first game of the College World Series.

Dumpling Duo: Smorgasburg LA is a foodie’s heaven

In one corner of a packed parking lot, southern-style savory meats rotating over a low flame sent delicious smoky

Orange County authorities begin mandatory evictions of homeless along Santa Ana Riverbed

Around 180 homeless individuals living along the Santa Ana Riverbed were relocated to motels on Tuesday following U.S. District

Cal State Fullerton announces new University Police chief following nationwide search

Raymund Aguirre has been selected as the new police chief at Cal State Fullerton following a nationwide search; he