Best restaurants and coffee places near Cal State Fullerton

In 2017 Welcome Titans Guide
Courtesy of Wikimedia Commons for the Daily Titan

Waking up at the crack of dawn to head to class can seem quite daunting to students, but coffee and good food can serve as a great pick-me-up.

At Cal State Fullerton, students can find a variety of food and drinks offered at locations on and around campus. Whether you’re in the mood for a Starbucks Vanilla Bean Frappuccino or an Aloha Java Iced Chai “Bomb,” you’re in for a sweet treat.

The Titan Student Union serves as the center of food and beverage on campus. With seven different eateries (eight including the vending machines), the TSU has a range of choices for hungry and thirsty students. Togo’s, Panda Express and Round Table Pizza are all located in the TSU, accompanied by the vegan and vegetarian-friendly, The Fresh Kitchen.  

Along with the eateries in the TSU, are the daily food trucks located at the Humanities Plaza. From Barcelona OntheGo to Spudrunners, any CSUF student can stop by and have sirloin tacos or a pesto chicken grilled cheese sandwich.

Students who find a caffeinated beverage as an essential part of their day can easily find a Starbucks nearby almost anywhere on campus. Both the Pollak Library and Steven G. Mihaylo Hall feature a full-service Starbucks and Starbucks Coffee can be found in smaller cafes around campus.  Nutwood Cafe in College Park, LH Express in Langsdorf Hall and The Cup in the TSU all “proudly serve Starbucks Coffee.”

For those looking for different places to try coffee, Aloha Java and the newly-opened The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf are great options. Aloha Java can be found in between University Hall and the Humanities-Social Sciences building, while The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf is located across the street from College Park.

“My favorite drink from (The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf) is the hazelnut ice-blended drink,” said frequent coffee drinker and CSUF student Han Ly in an instant message. Ly also said that The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf is a great place to get work done.

The Habit, Wingstop and Cafe Rio are located in the same plaza as The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf and provide meals friendly to the budgets of college students. Students can try charbroiled burgers or sandwiches for less than $8 at The Habit Burger Grill. Cafe Rio also has daily discounted entrees.

Just down the street is 85 C Bakery Cafe, which is home to “85 cent Coffee Mondays” and is walking distance from campus. The bakery is also home to many affordable treats that make for a tasty snack to hold off hunger long enough to last through a lecture.

In addition to the wide range of food and beverage locations across campus, Downtown Fullerton is a host to plenty of coffee shops and restaurants. Located just 15 minutes from campus, students can enjoy a garlic mushroom flatbread from Green Bliss- The Cafe or a hazelnut latte from The Night Owl.

Knowing where to get good food and coffee can help many students have a great start to the new semester. With so many great options on or near campus, finding something to sip or snack on should be easy for CSUF students.

CSUF women’s soccer dominates USD in 3-0 win

Now one game away from conference play, Cal State Fullerton women’s soccer shut out the University of San Diego

CSUF men’s soccer ends nonconference play with 1-0 win over UNLV

Cal State Fullerton men’s continued to roll with its third win in its last four games with a 1-0

ASI releases fact sheet to inform students about DACA

Associated Students, Inc. released a fact sheet about Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals to inform students about what the