Campus Calendar: Fun upcoming events at Cal State Fullerton

In 2017 Welcome Titans Guide
(Andrew Lopez / Daily Titan)

With school set in motion, new opportunities and experiences are set to unfold, and Cal State Fullerton’s campus offers a variety of fun activities to explore and further broaden your horizons.

Whether you are seeking to get more involved, to network or to improve your mental health and fitness, CSUF has plenty to offer. Associate Students Inc. (ASI) has several event series lined up to kick off the semester.

ASI is an organization dedicated to providing services and programs in aiding student development. They host numerous social activities, events, and volunteer and job opportunities throughout the school year.

Some of the weekly ASI events include Pub Monday Karaoke and Pub Tuesday Open Mic in the TSU Underground Pub from noon to 1 p.m., free billiards every Tuesday in the TSU Underground from 2:30-4:30 p.m., $2.50 bowling every Wednesday and $1 on Thursdays. Titan Bowl and Billiards is open Monday through Friday from 9-10 p.m. and Saturdays from noon to 8 p.m.

Every other Wednesday concerts will be held in the Becker Amphitheater from noon to 1 p.m. beginning Aug. 30, and every other Thursday concerts are held in the TSU Underground Pub from noon to 1 p.m. starting Aug. 24.

The Thursday Night Film Series in the TSU Titan Theatre is also available for interested students at 4 p.m., 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. starting Aug. 31 with “Guardian of the Galaxy Vol. 2.”

For students unable to make it to ASI’s weekday events, ASI’s Sunday Series provides events on weekends as well.

ASI Productions Week will take place Sept. 24 through 29.

“That is going to be our week to show our campus, our best events, all of the weekly events that happen on a bigger scale. We will try to book a larger band to really showcase all that we can do. We take more food out there to give to students, more promo items that we save for that one week,” said ASI Administrative Director, Megan Duffy regarding ASI Production Week.

For more information, the fall calendar of events will be available at the Information Services Desk in the new TSU.

Also available to students are the following, non-ASI events.

A spot to unwind and de-stress on campus is the Fullerton Arboretum Nature Center, which is abounding with vegetation and animals. The Fullerton Arboretum has a botanical garden, a waterfall and lake, various plants and trees and an Eastlake Victorian-style Heritage House.

The center currently provides a variety of classes and public tours. A free nature tour will be held every second and fourth Saturday of the month beginning on Aug. 26 from 10-11 a.m.

The Annual Student Art Show will be held in Titan Student Union Center Gallery starting Sept. 18 through Nov. 3. Call for submissions will begin Aug. 21 and end Sept. 11. According to the ASI website, the show is open to all CSUF students and “is juried for cash prizes for the top entries and is reviewed by the Art Acquisition Committee for purchase recommendations.”