Free resources available to Cal State Fullerton students

In 2017 Welcome Titans Guide

Whether you’re a new or returning student, you may not be aware of all the free resources Cal State Fullerton has on campus.

Titan Bites

CSUF has created an app, Titan Bites, to help students in need. By going to settings in the campus portal, students can sign up for the Titan Bites Program located under student account settings.

Students can then enable emails and/or SMS notifications when free food is available on campus and locate free food on a first-come, first-served basis.

Tuffy’s Career Closet
If you have an upcoming job interview or event and find yourself without the budget to buy the right attire, the WoMen’s center has you covered.

The program was started last fall to help students find confidence and professionalism in business-oriented garments. Tuffy’s Career Closet allows students to pick four items per day, and come back as frequently as needed.

All items you take are yours to keep and anyone is welcome to donate new or lightly worn clothing to the center located in University Hall Room 205.

Student Health Center
Coming down with the sniffles? Need medical attention? Keep yourself healthy and take advantage of your tuition fees by making an appointment at the health center, which provides basic medical care to all students at no charge.

College is fun but it’s important to be safe. Students eligible for Family PACT can receive free STD testing, breast and prostate cancer screenings and birth control.

Counseling and Psychological Services
Sometimes balancing school, a job and a social life can feel overwhelming. Located next to the health center, Counseling and Psychological Services has a team of doctors to help students navigate stress, relationships, depression or anything else they might be struggling with.

Individual sessions, couples counseling and group counseling are available at CAPS, as are wellness workshops throughout the semester that focus on stress, mood and thought.

Student Recreation Center
If you have a gap between classes or want to fit in a quick workout, check out SRC’s drop-in classes. Clear your mind with yoga or sweat it out in spin class. The SRC offers group fitness classes targeting different areas of the body free of charge.

Looking to learn something new or hone your skills? Register for an instructional class. In the past the SRC has offered dance classes ranging from ballet to belly-dancing as well as martial arts classes like cardio kickboxing and Jiu Jitsu.

Working towards a personal goal and need guidance? The SRC has certified personal trainers ready to help you achieve and maintain your ideal body. Work out one-on-one with a trainer or bring a friend. Pricing for instructional classes and personal training can be found on the ASI website.

CSUF men’s basketball optimistic about chances in Wooden Legacy Tournament

Heading into the Wooden Legacy tournament at Cal State Fullerton this Thanksgiving, Titans Head Coach Dedrique Taylor will be