Navigating around the Pollak Library at CSUF

In 2017 Welcome Titans Guide
(Courtesy of Pollak Library)

Pollak Library First floor
A hub of resources is introduced to each student as they pass through the automatic doors on either end of the Pollak Library.

The first floor contains a writing center to help with assignments and also offers 229 public-use computers for students.

Clem Guthro, dean of the Pollak Library, said that if students have trouble researching or finding information, there are a handful of options to help.

“There’s a group of people with subject expertise (librarians) that are there to help students with research questions. So you’re doing a paper on say economic policy on China. ‘Where do I start?’ that’s at the reference desk right across from the circulation desk,” Guthro said.

If a book or reference isn’t located in the library, it can easily be found online.

“If you see something, you can order it through a system called CSU Plus. And then there’s the traditional, system-wide search called ILLiad,” Guthro said. “So we can borrow stuff from all over the world.”

Also provided is air conditioning, large amounts of small and group study tables and a welcoming academic atmosphere.

Pollak Library Second floor
For students who don’t understand technology, can’t afford it or simply don’t know where to find it, they can head up to the second floor and find the information technology help desk. They will answer students’ technology-based questions and can provide them with digital print services.

Guthro said that as renovations continue, the library will introduce a service called the “Advanced Information Technology Commons,” but for now it will remain the IT desk.

Students can also find the University Learning Center on this floor and sign up on the Pollak Library website to make an appointment for any tutoring needs.

Pollak Library Third floor
The third floor is strictly silent. It is setup to provide a distraction-free space for students. This floor also provides an unofficial resource – undisturbed naps, as long as students keep their snoring to a low volume.

Pollak Library Fourth floor
The top floor of the building welcomes students with individual and group study rooms. Media rooms are also located on the fourth floor. They are equipped with televisions, VCR’s, DVD and CD players, cassette players and turntable recorders. But students should be wary, these rooms are on a first-come, first-served basis.

Students should take advantage of all the resources provided by Pollak Library during their academic stay at the university. The building is ready to be the backbone to Titan’s academic needs.

CSUF men’s basketball optimistic about chances in Wooden Legacy Tournament

Heading into the Wooden Legacy tournament at Cal State Fullerton this Thanksgiving, Titans Head Coach Dedrique Taylor will be