ASI releases fact sheet to inform students about DACA

(Hannah Miller / Daily Titan)

Associated Students, Inc. released a fact sheet about Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals to inform students about what the program is and what recipients can and cannot do through it.

The information was arranged by CSUF Lobby Corps and released through Lobby Corps and ASI’s social media platforms Tuesday.

“We’re trying to get a fact sheet out so students know what DACA is, and what it promotes and does not promote for DACA recipients,” said lobby corps promotions coordinator Meghan Waymire.

The fact sheet clears the air of any misconceptions one might have about what DACA is. For example, DACA students can apply for a driver’s license and pay federal taxes. However, students under it cannot vote, receive social security or financial aid.

“We’re moving forward to have a DACA postcard writing event which will also be promoted on social media,” Waymire said.

Lobby Corps will have more information during its meeting on Thursday Sept. 21 at 1 p.m. in the TSU Presidents’ Room.

The protagonist in Suspiria, Susie, uses hypnosis to make her way into a ballet school.

Review: New thriller ‘Suspiria’ isn’t your typical ballet film

Thom Yorke of Radiohead debuts in his first soundtrack for director Luca Guadagnino’s remake of 'Suspiria' Although this film

Veterans Resource Center’s cuts the ribbon to a new location at their grand opening.

Veterans Resource Center cuts the ribbon to new location

The transition from the military to school wasn’t easy for Student Veterans Association President Amy Thrunson, but with Cal

Front doors of the Hello Kitty Cafe.

The Hello Kitty Cafe brings the Irvine Spectrum to life

Sanrio characters and the smell of baked goods fill the Hello Kitty Grand Cafe, a new feature at the