ASI releases fact sheet to inform students about DACA

(Hannah Miller / Daily Titan)

Associated Students, Inc. released a fact sheet about Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals to inform students about what the program is and what recipients can and cannot do through it.

The information was arranged by CSUF Lobby Corps and released through Lobby Corps and ASI’s social media platforms Tuesday.

“We’re trying to get a fact sheet out so students know what DACA is, and what it promotes and does not promote for DACA recipients,” said lobby corps promotions coordinator Meghan Waymire.

The fact sheet clears the air of any misconceptions one might have about what DACA is. For example, DACA students can apply for a driver’s license and pay federal taxes. However, students under it cannot vote, receive social security or financial aid.

“We’re moving forward to have a DACA postcard writing event which will also be promoted on social media,” Waymire said.

Lobby Corps will have more information during its meeting on Thursday Sept. 21 at 1 p.m. in the TSU Presidents’ Room.

Panel members talking on gun control.

CSUF faculty and staff share thoughts on gun control

The Titan Student Union became a safe space Wednesday for public opinion on the topic of gun control as

Louis C.K. on stage, under spotlight, with nobody in the audience

The return of comedian Louis C.K. must not be supported

Comedian Louis C.K.’s surprise return to the stage doesn’t deserve the applause it received.   Louis C.K admitted to accusations