ASI releases fact sheet to inform students about DACA

(Hannah Miller / Daily Titan)

Associated Students, Inc. released a fact sheet about Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals to inform students about what the program is and what recipients can and cannot do through it.

The information was arranged by CSUF Lobby Corps and released through Lobby Corps and ASI’s social media platforms Tuesday.

“We’re trying to get a fact sheet out so students know what DACA is, and what it promotes and does not promote for DACA recipients,” said lobby corps promotions coordinator Meghan Waymire.

The fact sheet clears the air of any misconceptions one might have about what DACA is. For example, DACA students can apply for a driver’s license and pay federal taxes. However, students under it cannot vote, receive social security or financial aid.

“We’re moving forward to have a DACA postcard writing event which will also be promoted on social media,” Waymire said.

Lobby Corps will have more information during its meeting on Thursday Sept. 21 at 1 p.m. in the TSU Presidents’ Room.

Dumpling Duo: Smorgasburg LA is a foodie’s heaven

In one corner of a packed parking lot, southern-style savory meats rotating over a low flame sent delicious smoky

Orange County authorities begin mandatory evictions of homeless along Santa Ana Riverbed

Around 180 homeless individuals living along the Santa Ana Riverbed were relocated to motels on Tuesday following U.S. District

Cal State Fullerton announces new University Police chief following nationwide search

Raymund Aguirre has been selected as the new police chief at Cal State Fullerton following a nationwide search; he