ASI releases fact sheet to inform students about DACA

(Hannah Miller / Daily Titan)

Associated Students, Inc. released a fact sheet about Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals to inform students about what the program is and what recipients can and cannot do through it.

The information was arranged by CSUF Lobby Corps and released through Lobby Corps and ASI’s social media platforms Tuesday.

“We’re trying to get a fact sheet out so students know what DACA is, and what it promotes and does not promote for DACA recipients,” said lobby corps promotions coordinator Meghan Waymire.

The fact sheet clears the air of any misconceptions one might have about what DACA is. For example, DACA students can apply for a driver’s license and pay federal taxes. However, students under it cannot vote, receive social security or financial aid.

“We’re moving forward to have a DACA postcard writing event which will also be promoted on social media,” Waymire said.

Lobby Corps will have more information during its meeting on Thursday Sept. 21 at 1 p.m. in the TSU Presidents’ Room.

Exterior shot of the CSUF emblem

Cal State Universities work to improve sustainability efforts

Sustainability is becoming more important to all Cal State Universities as each university has agreed to comply with specific

Where CSUF’s water comes from and how it’s maintained

Cal State Fullerton’s water supply comes from the city of Fullerton, which gets its water from the Metropolitan Water

Cal State Fullerton’s commuter culture negatively impacts air quality on campus

Commuter behavior poses a threat to Cal State Fullerton’s ability to meet air quality pollution standards set by the