Cal State Fullerton women’s golf takes fourth in day one of season-opening tournament

(Kelly Gorham / University of Montana Sports Media)

Cal State Fullerton women’s golf finished fourth on the first day of its first tournament of the season, finishing 19-over par 576 overall. North Dakota State placed first with a score of 8-over par 576.

Though Montana placed sixth overall in the day, Grizzly junior Baylee Barckley finished first individually with a 2-under par 144.

Fullerton also had top rankings of its own. Junior Pauline Welker tying for fifth overall with a 1-over par 144. Welker finished in second place in round one, 3-under par 72 and round two with a 4-over par 72.

In second place for the team was sophomore Elsa Lundquist, who finished tied for 14th place with 4-over par 144. Lundquist finished the first round tied for 31st place with 7-over par 72 before picking it up in round two with a 3-under par 72.

Senior Brittany Farrell placed third for the team and tied for 19th place overall with an 8-over par 144. In round one Farrell finished tied for 15th with a score of 3-over par 72 and round two with 5-over par 72.

As a team, Fullerton placed third with 11-over par 288 in round one, and dropped down one spot after round two.

The Titans will continue the Battle at Old Works tournament at Anaconda Montana today.

CSUF baseball dropped the first game of the NCAA Fullerton Super Regional to Washington 8-5 Friday at Goodwin Field.