CSUF women’s soccer falls to Denver in second loss of season

Cal State Fullerton women’s soccer suffered their second loss of the season in a 3-2 defeat to the Denver Pioneers Monday.

The match was off to a quick start when Denver added the first point to the scoreboard in the seventh minute as forward Jessie Dancy put the ball past Titans goalie Morgan Bertsch.

Titans midfielder Samantha Koemans answered back in the 24th minute with her fourth goal of the season, scored off of an assist by forward Atlanta Primus.

The goal shifted momentum for CSUF and less than two minutes later, Primus put her team up 2-1 with her fifth goal of the season.

Denver continued to test Fullerton, taking shot after shot and ultimately racking up nine attempts in the first half while the Titans took just six.

After both teams battled for possession, Pioneer midfielder Hannah Alder scored a goal to tie the game in the 73rd minute.

The Titans did not have enough time to respond before Denver midfielder Meg Halvorson scored the winning goal of the match to put her team up 3-2 in the 80th minute.

With only 10 minutes left on the game clock, CSUF continued to play aggressively, finishing the second half with six fouls (12 total for the match) over Denver’s two fouls (five total for the match).

In the three times the teams have met, the Titans have never defeated the Pioneers. CSUF is now 5-2-2 and tied for the second-most nonconference wins among Big West teams with Hawai’i, right behind Long Beach State (six wins).

The Titans are set to face San Diego at Titan Stadium Friday at 7:30 p.m.

Two men in the Quad hoisting their banner of Jesus Saves from Hell.

Conflict erupts over Jesus Saves from Hell banner in the Quad

A crowd of students congregated in the Quad to protest two men that came on campus with a banner

The opening page of the GOP Envoy app

Republicans and Democrats are using phone apps to recruit

Three years ago CNN proclaimed the smartphone to be the “new political battleground” in America. Now, congressional candidates in

Cal State Fullerton students arrested for stealing golf cart

A group of Cal State Fullerton students stole an athletics department golf cart from the Kinesiology and Health Science