Cal State Fullerton women’s soccer looks to return to winning ways against Iowa State

Cal State Fullerton women’s soccer will have a shot to stop their losing streak as they face Iowa State (2-3-1) Friday.

No. 21 Utah reigned over the Titans despite both teams having to adjust to the weather conditions. After having endured their first loss of the season against the Utes, the Titans are prepared to up their defensive tactics against Iowa.

Junior forward Nano Oronoz is one of seven Titans who has started in all six games of Fullerton’s schedule so far and

said CSUF’s key to victory this weekend is to be smarter on their feet.

“Just being better, fine tuning those little things and seeing what Iowa has,” Oronoz said. “Just finishing those little chances we have in front of the goal and just really keeping calm right there and getting more in.”

CSUF has also had its share of shutouts this season. Goalie Morgan Bertsch has shut out two of their six games, and has a goals-allowed average of 0.76.

Forward Atlanta Primus has led the way offensively for the Titans, scoring four of their 10 goals while leading CSUF in overall points (8).

The Cyclones have a high-powered offense of their own, attempting 78 shots in their last six games, with six goals overall.

Freshman forward Courtney Powell leads Iowa with two goals and 16 shots.

Titans will also have to bring their A-game offensively, as Iowa goalkeeper Dayja Schwichtenberg has three shutouts this season.

The Titans will take the field against the Cyclones Sept. 8 at Titan Stadium.

CSUF athletics logo

CSUF athletics signed 16 athletes on National Letter of Intent Day

CSUF athletics officially entered the signing season, introduced 16 athletes across various sports in the past few days.  Baseball Amid the

Khalil Ahmad rests with his hands on his knees on the sidelines during CSUF men's basketball game against UC Irvine on Feb. 3.

Khalil Ahmad named Big West player of the week for CSUF men’s basketball

Khalil Ahmad recieved Big West player of the week honors for his performance during the Myrtle Beach Invitational for