CSUF hosts annual accounting expo in TSU Pavilions

In Campus News, Local News, News
(Bailey Carpenter / Daily Titan)

Cal State Fullerton hosted an annual Accounting Expo in the Titan Student Union Pavilions Wednesday.

The event consisted of a panel discussion with accountants from both private and public firms. Students also had the opportunity to network with each other alongside professionals.

The professionals in attendance included accountants from large firms including White Nelson Diehl Evans and public agencies like the Office of the Controller of Currency.

“We draw about 700 students every year to the expo and expose them to public accounting, and we have panels that cover non-public accounting, such as government entities as well as corporate entities,” said lecturer in the department of accounting Randy Hoffman.

Members like Hoffman moderated the event, hoping to inform students of different opportunities in the field of accounting.

Around 600 students attended the event. Although open to all students regardless of major,
many were from the Mihaylo College of Business and Economics.

“I think there’s a lot of misconceptions about what accountants do and I think today, our students are going to be surprised to learn about the breadth and depth of the services accounting firms provide,” said Interim Chair of the department of accounting Vivek Mante.

The panelists spoke about their experiences in accounting, interview and resume preparation, and potential career paths.

“I wanted to see the recruiter’s perspective panel because I am applying for public accounting firms for internships next summer,” said business economics major Sangwook Ha. “Information wise, I wanted to know more about the recruiting process … Skill wise, I wanted to know what was important to recruiters.”

CSUF women’s soccer dominates USD in 3-0 win

Now one game away from conference play, Cal State Fullerton women’s soccer shut out the University of San Diego

CSUF men’s soccer ends nonconference play with 1-0 win over UNLV

Cal State Fullerton men’s continued to roll with its third win in its last four games with a 1-0

ASI releases fact sheet to inform students about DACA

Associated Students, Inc. released a fact sheet about Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals to inform students about what the