CSUF shuttle service offers additional parking solutions

In Features, Lifestyle
(Gene Pietragallo / Daily Titan)

With the CSUF fall semester a month underway, students are still going the extra mile to cope with the congested parking issue that plagues the campus.

Due to fierce overcrowding in designated parking structures and lots, students have had the opportunity to use the campus shuttle service since the beginning of the semester.

The two shuttles, which transport students to and from the First Evangelical Free Church of Fullerton parking lots every 10 to 15 minutes, offer students an additional option that reduces the stress of searching for a parking spot.

“I’m new here. I didn’t know parking was this overwhelming and stressful,” said Yanet Perez, a liberal studies major who currently takes the shuttle four days a week.

For students who attend classes from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., the struggle to find parking is all too common.

“I have a 10 o’clock class, so it’s almost impossible to find parking at 9:30,” said James Hayton, a kinesiology major who frequently uses the shuttle service. “It helps me out because it’s just super easy to get on the shuttle and take it to school.”

It’s not impossible to find a spot for students who pass on the shuttle, but the search isn’t quick.

“You can find a spot. It’s happened to me before, even this semester, but it just takes so much time and sometimes, you don’t find anything,” said James Lindsey, who rides the shuttle Monday through Thursday.

Lindsey had mixed, but mostly positive feelings about the service.

“It’s fairly convenient,” Lindsey said. “It would be cool if it went closer to the computer science building because that’s where I do research.”

Students who haven’t used the shuttle service have had to arrive over an hour early to find parking without being late for class.

“You just can’t find a parking spot in the structures,” said Eric Phan, an English major who has been late to class due to the lack of parking spaces available on campus. “If I did come 20-30 minutes before class, I’d be late.”

The shuttle service, which runs from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. every Monday through Thursday, will be available for students with valid parking permits until Dec. 7.

Kyle Allman Jr. attempts jump shot

CSUF guard Kyle Allman named Big West player of the week

CSUF men’s basketball guard Kyle Allman Jr. was named Big West player of the week for the fourth time

The nightlife in Dotonbori features fluorescent lights, street food vendors and local bars.

Column: Two brothers reunited in Japan

When I woke from my nap, my body was still strapped to the coffin-like dimensions of my seat. The

A photo of transfer student Julian Serrano in front of Cal State Fullerton sign.

Column: From a Mt. San Antonio Mountie to a CSUF Titan

At the age of 17 I began my first semester at Mt. San Antonio College. I recall feeling overwhelmed