CSUF women’s soccer faces alumni in final non-conference games

In Fall Sports, Sports
(Katie Albertson / Daily Titan File Photo)

Cal State Fullerton women’s soccer is currently on a two-game winning streak and holds a 5-1-2 record in non-conference play. This weekend the Titans will take a break from that schedule to see some familiar faces as they play CSUF alumni in an exhibition game at Titan Stadium.

Despite the fact that the alumni game is only an exhibition, seniors Kaycee Hoover and Sarah Fajnor feel as if there is a lot to take away from it, not just in terms of soccer but also for the sense of community it provides the team.

“We have a saying where we do it for past, present and future, and they’re definitely our past and they set the precedent for what we have,” Hoover said. “It puts a perspective on our season.”

Fajnor agreed, adding that the alumni game will be beneficial to the younger players on the team.

“It’ll be nice for our underclassmen to see the family dynamic of the team,” Fajnor said.

Aside from the alumni game, the Titans recently added a game against Denver to their pre-conference schedule. The Pioneers currently have a 3-3-1 record and Hoover and Fajnor both agree that the game will be a challenging learning experience.

“We’ve been prepared in the back of our minds, but I think it’ll be a good challenge. They’ve had a really good season so far. We’ve struggled with putting games away against big teams. We’re excited for Denver because we do want to get those big-game wins,” Hoover said.

The Titans are currently using their pre-conference games to work on meshing styles of play with returning and new players.

“Sometimes you can use preseason and non-conference games to find your groove. It can be a reset button,” Fajnor said.

The Titans will play the alumni game on Saturday Sept. 16th at 6 p.m. at Titan Stadium.

Shianne Brannan leads off on first

Sophie Frost helps lead CSUF softball to sweep of Cal State Bakersfield in Tuesday’s doubleheader

CSUF softball picked up two shutout victories Tuesday against Cal State Bakersfield with final scores 3-0 and 9-0. “I

Ruben Cardenas swings at a ball

CSUF baseball extends winning streak to four games with victory over USD

After sweeping Grand Canyon University over the weekend, CSUF baseball added to its winning streak, beating University of San

A row of CDs and records in a music store.

Is It a Banger?: Major record labels do more harm than good for their artists

Sliding through the living room hall “Risky Business” style, breaking out “Guitar Hero” and acing the solo for Black