CSUF women’s volleyball heads to Indiana for last non-conference tourney

In Sports, Top Stories
(Bailey Carpenter / Daily Titan File Photo)

Cal State Fullerton volleyball will travel to Indiana to complete its final pre-conference tournament before entering Big West play.

The Titans are aiming to continue improving their 4-6 record coming off of a weekend that saw freshman libero Savahna Costello earn the team’s first accolade, something that motivates the team as a whole to push each other to their full potential.

“At practice when we found out, we were all freaking out for her. She is one of the most humble liberos I’ve ever played with,” said outside hitter Madeline Schneider. “It’s a team award even though it’s an individual award…I think it pushes all of us.”

With her award in hand, Costello feels that it’s time to push herself even harder.

“Now it’s like the pressure is on. It’s even more a reason to keep getting better,” Costello said.

CSUF will face the Indiana State University Sycamores in its first of two televised matches this season.

Indiana State currently holds a 1-9 record and recently took a 3-0 loss against Cleveland State University.

Schneider will go head-to-head with Sycamore outside hitter Laura Gross for top scorer in kills in the match as Schneider leads the Titans at 134 and Gross trails behind at 130.

The Titans are eager to showcase how they’ll perform in the upcoming tournament because it’s their last opportunity to clean up mistakes before conference play begins.

“As a team, we have grown so much in the preseason, so we’re excited to see what we can do in the final tournament in order to get ready for conference (play),” Costello said.

CSUF  will compete in the Indiana State Tournament Friday Sept. 15th at Indiana State.

CSUF men’s basketball optimistic about chances in Wooden Legacy Tournament

Heading into the Wooden Legacy tournament at Cal State Fullerton this Thanksgiving, Titans Head Coach Dedrique Taylor will be