Fullerton volleyball faces Hawaii looking for its first conference win

(Katie Albertson / Daily Titan File Photo)

Cal State Fullerton volleyball will attempt to record its first win of the season against the University of Hawaii Rainbow Wahines.

The 2017 season has been a rough one for the Titans, who are winless in conference play. Their match against Hawaii, who holds a strong grip on a six-game winning streak, may give CSUF the fuel it is looking for.

Fullerton has an overall record of 4-11 and 0-3 in the conference. Cal Poly, who took a 3-0 sweep over CSUF, is in the top spot in the Big West. Hawaii follows in a three-way tie for second and carries an overall 8-5 record.

Ranking fourth in digs at 220 and fifth in service aces with 0.33 average, libero Savahna Costello, also a Big West honoree, is the only Titan placing in the top five across the Big West leaderboards.

Fellow Titans fall just a few ranks behind the top five positions as Madeline Schneider ranks seventh in the Big West with 168 kills and Shimen Fayad trails in the 21st spot with 104. Fullerton setter Nastassja Bowman holds the seventh spot in conference with 393 assists, but still holds the leading position on the CSUF team.

The Rainbow Wahine rank first in blocks per set and service aces, with players in the top five in all stat categories except for digs.

In the 2016 season, the Titans were shut down 3-0 by the Rainbow Wahine by roughly 10 points in each set. Fullerton’s outside hitters Schneider and Fayad led the team in kills (11-9) and points (11.5-11). Hawaii not only dominated Fullerton last season, but took the Big West title that same year with a 15-1 record, its only loss being to Long Beach State.

The Titans are set to face the Rainbow Wahine for the fourth match of conference play Friday at 7 p.m. in Titan Gym.

Louis C.K. on stage, under spotlight, with nobody in the audience

The return of comedian Louis C.K. must not be supported

Comedian Louis C.K.’s surprise return to the stage doesn’t deserve the applause it received.   Louis C.K admitted to accusations

red lips

‘Insatiable’ lacks integrity for covering edgy material

Netflix viewers are going to be crying tears — and not of laughter — because the streaming service has

Nic Sheff is portrayed, symbolically showing his light and dark sides through shadowing.

Review: ‘Beautiful Boy’ is sure to warm and break hearts this fall

Countless young adults feel isolated, misunderstood by the world and estranged from their families during their adolescent development. “Beautiful