President Trump discusses DACA compromise with Democrats

In National News, News, Top Stories

President Donald Trump, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer agreed to a compromise over dinner Wednesday that would protect Dreamers from deportation, according to the Washington Post.

The leaders agreed to legislation that would potentially protect an estimated 690,000 people allowed to work and go to school through the DACA program, which is set to expire in six months. Pelosi said they plan to move the protections for DACA recipients into law quickly.

There are approximately 1,024 undocumented students at Cal State Fullerton.

White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders tweeted that border security was also discussed but disputed claims that there was an agreement “excluding the wall.”
According to House Speaker Paul Ryan’s spokesperson, Ryan reportedly reiterated “that any solution needs to address border security and enforcement, which are the root causes of the problem. Discussions among the Republican conference will continue in the coming weeks.”

CSUF women’s soccer dominates USD in 3-0 win

Now one game away from conference play, Cal State Fullerton women’s soccer shut out the University of San Diego

CSUF men’s soccer ends nonconference play with 1-0 win over UNLV

Cal State Fullerton men’s continued to roll with its third win in its last four games with a 1-0

ASI releases fact sheet to inform students about DACA

Associated Students, Inc. released a fact sheet about Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals to inform students about what the