President Trump discusses DACA compromise with Democrats

In National News, News, Top Stories

President Donald Trump, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer agreed to a compromise over dinner Wednesday that would protect Dreamers from deportation, according to the Washington Post.

The leaders agreed to legislation that would potentially protect an estimated 690,000 people allowed to work and go to school through the DACA program, which is set to expire in six months. Pelosi said they plan to move the protections for DACA recipients into law quickly.

There are approximately 1,024 undocumented students at Cal State Fullerton.

White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders tweeted that border security was also discussed but disputed claims that there was an agreement “excluding the wall.”
According to House Speaker Paul Ryan’s spokesperson, Ryan reportedly reiterated “that any solution needs to address border security and enforcement, which are the root causes of the problem. Discussions among the Republican conference will continue in the coming weeks.”

The nightlife in Dotonbori features fluorescent lights, street food vendors and local bars.

Column: Two brothers reunited in Japan

When I woke from my nap, my body was still strapped to the coffin-like dimensions of my seat. The

A photo of transfer student Julian Serrano in front of Cal State Fullerton sign.

Column: From a Mt. San Antonio Mountie to a CSUF Titan

At the age of 17 I began my first semester at Mt. San Antonio College. I recall feeling overwhelmed

A photo of visitors at the Shwedagon Pagoda.

Column: A glimpse into Myanmar culture

California may be the Golden State, but about 7,785 miles across the Pacific Ocean is the “Golden Land” of