President Trump discusses DACA compromise with Democrats

In National News, News, Top Stories

President Donald Trump, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer agreed to a compromise over dinner Wednesday that would protect Dreamers from deportation, according to the Washington Post.

The leaders agreed to legislation that would potentially protect an estimated 690,000 people allowed to work and go to school through the DACA program, which is set to expire in six months. Pelosi said they plan to move the protections for DACA recipients into law quickly.

There are approximately 1,024 undocumented students at Cal State Fullerton.

White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders tweeted that border security was also discussed but disputed claims that there was an agreement “excluding the wall.”
According to House Speaker Paul Ryan’s spokesperson, Ryan reportedly reiterated “that any solution needs to address border security and enforcement, which are the root causes of the problem. Discussions among the Republican conference will continue in the coming weeks.”

Tuffy’s Basic Needs Center opens to aid CSUF students

Over 36,000 students in the CSU system experience housing insecurity and at least 96,000 lack regular access to food,

What violence awareness means for the Cal State Fullerton campus

“I feel like it doesn’t matter how or what happened to me … I don’t want that to happen

Hookup culture might lead to emotional distress and frustration for college students

While the topic of college hookups isn’t new, Lisa Wade, associate professor of sociology at Occidental College, argues that