CSUF Sales Leadership Center hosts Certificate of Professional Sales meeting

(Bailey Carpenter / Daily Titan)

The Sales Leadership Center at Cal State Fullerton held its Certificate of Professional Sales meeting at Steven G. Mihaylo Hall Tuesday.

The meeting informed students about upcoming events and how to obtain their CPS.

By earning the certificate through a course offered every year, students learn valuable sales skills and are provided with a competitive advantage while searching for their careers.

Established in 2009, the SLC caters to all students interested in learning sales skills, regardless of their major. The center’s Student Leadership Team, which ran the meeting, holds workshops, organizes corporate tours and allows its members the opportunity to compete in annual sales competitions.

“We’re here to help students transition from a classroom into the real world,” said Student Leadership Team President and marketing major Matthew Mantey. “We open the door to sales careers and we also teach students sales skills that they could use in a career or in any aspect of their life.”

Members of the SLC are given their certificate after completing required coursework and participating in events like the Titan Sales Competition and Sales Career Academy. The Titan Sales Competition is a team-based competition for students interested in sales, while the Sales Career Academy gives students the opportunity to learn from other sales professionals.

“We have approximately 140 students who are earning the certificate and probably another 50 or so who are not earning the certificate but attend the events on a regular basis,” said Sales Leadership Center Co-Director Mark Mantey.

Many students attended the meeting and were excited to take advantage of the benefits offered by the SLC. Most attendees came from business backgrounds.

“I want to be a part of the sales leadership group. It’s a great opportunity to network with a lot of like-minded people that are into marketing (and) sales,” said junior business marketing major Albert Munoz. “The connections that you can make, I realize, can really pay off in the long run.”

Dumpling Duo: Smorgasburg LA is a foodie’s heaven

In one corner of a packed parking lot, southern-style savory meats rotating over a low flame sent delicious smoky

Orange County authorities begin mandatory evictions of homeless along Santa Ana Riverbed

Around 180 homeless individuals living along the Santa Ana Riverbed were relocated to motels on Tuesday following U.S. District

Cal State Fullerton announces new University Police chief following nationwide search

Raymund Aguirre has been selected as the new police chief at Cal State Fullerton following a nationwide search; he