‘All Day ASI’ concert provides CSUF students with free music, events and raffles

In Arts & Entertainment, Lifestyle
(Bailey Carpenter / Daily Titan)

Concert
Rock and electropop played amid a crowd of students who came to the concert at “All Day ASI” to relax, catch up with friends and ease their way into the weekend. Hints of summer filled the air as attendees wore denim shorts and loose, oversized tank tops. The aroma of Cajun seasoning and garlic fries overtook the lawn as guests grabbed free food and the bands started playing.

“All Day ASI” began at 8 a.m. on Sept. 28 and went on until midnight. It was organized to allow students to go to class or work and still catch a few of the events.

After BRAEVES opened, FRENSHIP headlined the concert of the all-day event, pulling together a performance that excited the crowd. Blue and purple lights passed over the band, parallelling the band’s smooth, rhythmic style.

“It was mellow, and everyone’s been really nice (so far) from who we’ve been talking to,” said FRENSHIP lead singer Brett Hite. “(CSUF) is a beautiful little campus.”

As the sun set, FRENSHIP closed the concert with their most popular track, “Capsize” and transitioned into the after-party.

“I think in this kind of capacity, it’s really great because it involves more students,” said fourth-year health science major Manilyn Pogoso. “There’s a lot of people who come in during different parts of the day.”

Expo
The expo at Titan Walk from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. was carnival-like. Students lined up to get henna tattoos, caricatures and free prizes like fanny packs, t-shirts and drink koozies.

Fifth-year child development major Joanna Parker enjoyed the ‘80s theme.

“I feel like I’m in the ‘80s and feeling that vibe. I kind of want to reminisce about that because it’s one of my favorite (eras),” said Parker.

A replica of the DeLorean time machine from “Back to the Future” and a performance by the ‘80s tribute band, The Flux Capacitors, added to the atmosphere.

“I love the band,” said fourth-year dance major Alexander Caballero. “It takes me back to growing up as a kid, hearing all these songs through my dad’s CDs and through old movies that I used to watch with my family.”

Attendees were able to win tickets to Universal Studios and Knott’s Berry Farm through a “Gremlin” promotion by taking selfies with monster cut-outs placed around campus and posting them on Instagram.

Brittany Wolfe, a fourth-year animation major, said that students participated in the ASI Duck Hunt by picking up a card and going to booths that had foam ducks. The students had to ask questions at each booth to get a stamp. After recieving seven stamps on their cards, students could take them to the TSU Information & Services to enter the contest.

Neon Bowl
Students lined up to knock down pins at the Neon Bowl event in the TSU Underground. When the lanes were full, ASI opened up the billiards tables as a free service for students.

“I think (it’s) just a fun event for students to enjoy and hopefully bring more awareness of the TSU in general and all the products that we provide for students,” said fourth-year communications major Mallory McClain.

After-party
A collection of giveaway booths, a rainbow-lit swimming pool and an indoor DJ all decorated the Student Recreation Center to end “All Day ASI.” Teams played dodgeball on the basketball courts, and a ring bounce helped students relive the fun they had as children.

“All of ASI came together and supported each other throughout the whole day, and that’s kind of the theme we want to do for students too,” said ASI Productions Director Megan Duffy.

A photo of Rami Perlman giving advice to CSUF's Music Industry club.

Space Yacht entrepreneur group gives industry advice to CSUF students

Space Yacht, a Los Angeles events collective, was invited by the Cal State Fullerton Music Industry Club on Tuesday

CSUF women's basketball forward Amiee Book waits for a free throw attempt.

Family fuels Amiee Book’s passion of basketball

Ranked second in the Big West in 3-point percentage, international student and CSUF women's basketball freshman forward Amiee Book

Cal State Fullerton women's basketball senior guard Jade Vega dribbles the ball during Cal State Fullerton's women's basketball game against Cal State Northridge.

CSUF women’s basketball looks to snap six game skid

CSUF women’s basketball will look to end their six-game losing streak Thursday night when they host UC Santa Barbara.