CSUF opens a new Starbucks in the Titan Student Union

(Cassandra Hearn / Daily Titan)

Students gathered in the basement of the Titan Student Union Wednesday for free coffee and baked goods at the ribbon cutting ceremony for Cal State Fullerton’s new Starbucks location.

“We are here today celebrating the grand opening of our third Starbucks on campus,” said Chair of the TSU Board of Trustees Jared Hill.

Hill cut the ribbon after speaking to the crowd gathered on and around the TSU grand staircase. Danny Kim, vice president of administration and finance, and Berenecea Johnson Eanes, vice president of Student Affairs, also spoke at the event.

The people who went to the opening ceremony were there for numerous reasons.

“I’m here because I love Starbucks,” said Alyse Russell, a fifth-year business major.

Russell said she is a Starbucks gold member and drinks at least one cup of coffee every day.

“I like that it’s reliable,” Russell said. “It’s the same every time I go. I (find) whichever is the least busy on campus.”

Sophomore health sciences major Vanessa Pulido said she came to see the ribbon cutting and for the giveaways.

Students also had the chance to win Starbucks gift cards by following CSUF Campus Dining on Instagram.

“I like decaf coffee,” Pulido said. “I like the taste and the bitterness of it.”

George Del Jonco, a junior theater applied studies major, said he’s not a fan of coffee but came just for the grand opening.

“I like being a part of things like this,” Del Jonco said. “Little bits of history. It’s small but it’s cool.”

CSUF baseball dropped the first game of the NCAA Fullerton Super Regional to Washington 8-5 Friday at Goodwin Field.