CSUF opens a new Starbucks in the Titan Student Union

(Cassandra Hearn / Daily Titan)

Students gathered in the basement of the Titan Student Union Wednesday for free coffee and baked goods at the ribbon cutting ceremony for Cal State Fullerton’s new Starbucks location.

“We are here today celebrating the grand opening of our third Starbucks on campus,” said Chair of the TSU Board of Trustees Jared Hill.

Hill cut the ribbon after speaking to the crowd gathered on and around the TSU grand staircase. Danny Kim, vice president of administration and finance, and Berenecea Johnson Eanes, vice president of Student Affairs, also spoke at the event.

The people who went to the opening ceremony were there for numerous reasons.

“I’m here because I love Starbucks,” said Alyse Russell, a fifth-year business major.

Russell said she is a Starbucks gold member and drinks at least one cup of coffee every day.

“I like that it’s reliable,” Russell said. “It’s the same every time I go. I (find) whichever is the least busy on campus.”

Sophomore health sciences major Vanessa Pulido said she came to see the ribbon cutting and for the giveaways.

Students also had the chance to win Starbucks gift cards by following CSUF Campus Dining on Instagram.

“I like decaf coffee,” Pulido said. “I like the taste and the bitterness of it.”

George Del Jonco, a junior theater applied studies major, said he’s not a fan of coffee but came just for the grand opening.

“I like being a part of things like this,” Del Jonco said. “Little bits of history. It’s small but it’s cool.”

This is a photo of a building with several bright lights surrounding it.

Skaters and music junkies come together for Illegal Civilization Festival

Hundreds of colorfully-clothed fans were lined up outside the Pink Motel in San Fernando for the first Illegal Civilization

David Lamm stands with his wife Jessica and son Ryder after Cal State Fullerton's game at the MLB4 Tournament.

Former CSUF football player now cheers on the diamond

Called balls and strikes echoing in the Salt River Fields during the MLB4 Tournament weren’t coming from the home

The New York Times' sports reporter Marc Stein holds the Curt Gowdy Media Award presented by the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame

CSUF alumnus Marc Stein honored by Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame

Marc Stein, a CSUF almunus, was named as one of the recipients of the 2019 Curt Gowdy Media Award