CSUF Police arrest man for indecent exposure

In Campus News, Local News, News, Top Stories

Cal State Fullerton University Police arrested the individual who exposed himself to a female student near Dan Black Hall Oct. 3.

Zaky Remoun, 40, was arrested Friday for indecent exposure after another incident occurred in Parking Lot S where he allegedly masturbated in a silver Toyota Camry, exposing himself to a female student. 

(Courtesy of University Police Department) Zaky Remoun pictured in mugshot

University Police believe Remoun is the same perpetrator from the Oct. 3 indecent exposure report.

“We got pretty good leads from Cal State Fullerton students, and our detectives worked with them,” said University Police Capt. Scot Willey.

University Police also received a tip from Mt. San Antonio College, which saw the alert CSUF released concerning the indecent exposure.

“(Mt. SAC) contacted us and said that they had a similar incident occur. We took that information and were able to work with our witnesses with that information,” Willey said.

Although similar crimes were reported months ago on campus, Willey said Remoun does not fit the description of the previous criminal.

After the arrest, Remoun was booked into an Orange County jail and charged for indecent exposure. He has been given a seven-day stay-away order from the university and has been released from jail.

As the stay-away order only lasts seven days, University Police hopes Remoun’s trial will allow the university to get a long-term order, which Willey said would last about a year.

University Police is on high alert in case he presents himself on campus again.

“It took a lot of people and a community effort to get this guy off the streets, but he’s back out so we got to keep an eye out for him,” Willey said.

Art student captures social stigmas of men in photo series for ‘Collectively Here’ exhibit

Isolation, substance abuse, body image and grief make up stories untold by four people through black and white photographs