CSUF women’s volleyball falls to Hawaii, extends losing streak to 12 games

(Paolena Comouche / Daily Titan File Photo)

Cal State Fullerton volleyball was unable to snap its losing streak after falling to Hawaii Saturday in another 3-0 sweep.

The first set of the match was the Titans’ best of the three. The team produced 14 kills and 42 total attacks with a .167 hitting percentage.Fullerton also tied Hawaii 11 times in the set and took it to extra points after evening the score 25-25.

Fullerton managed to commit just seven errors compared to Hawaii’s five but couldn’t push the score in its favor, which gave Hawaii the set, 27-25.

The Titans were unable to rebound in the second set and continued to drop their hitting performance to a -.132 percentage, only producing six kills. Fullerton also had 11 errors while Hawaii kept its count to four.

Though Fullerton produced 38 total attacks, Hawaii took advantage of the Titans’ errors to take the second set 25-11.

The third and final set didn’t lighten up for Fullerton. In their last match against Hawaii (Sept. 29), the Titans had a low of .080 hitting percentage in a set, but CSUF was worse Saturday, posting a .031 percentage in the third set Saturday.

Hawaii dominated the set with only two errors and 33 total attacks to win the set 25-14. Fullerton averaged a .027 hitting percentage in the three sets, marking it as the second lowest of the season.

The loss against Hawaii extended the Titans’ losing streak to 12 as they remain in last in the Big West conference standings. Fullerton also no longer has any members in the top five of the conference leaderboards for any statistical category.