Demian Brown gets 100th career win as CSUF women’s soccer head coach

In Sports, Top Stories
(Renzy Reyes for the Daily Titan)

Cal State Fullerton women’s soccer Head Coach Demian Brown recorded his 100th win in 11 seasons Sunday in the team’s first Big West Conference match of the 2017 season.

Brown graduated from CSUF in 1997 with a bachelor’s degree in communications and has made it clear that soccer is his life.

“It’s an amazing thing to be able to, over the last 11 years, guide this program and get to this point where we can celebrate something like that. It’s definitely something that we celebrate as a program,” Brown told Cal State Fullerton Sports Media. “It’s a fantastic honor for me, but obviously I share it with a lot of women who do a massive amount of work and a fantastic coaching staff.”

While attending CSUF, Brown was a four-year, letter-winning defender under former Titans Head Coach Al Mistri. During his personal career, Brown was appointed to the 1993 NCAA All-Tournament Team and played in the 1994 U.S. Olympic Festival in St. Louis, Missouri.

After graduation, the student quite literally became the teacher. Brown became assistant coach of UC Irvine’s men’s soccer program, where he coached for five years before returning home as an assistant coach for the CSUF women’s soccer team in 2004.

In 2007, Brown’s dream came true when he accepted the head coach position.

The Titans tied for first place in the Big West in the team’s first season under Brown. That same year, Brown and the team made an NCAA appearance and he was named Big West Conference Coach of the Year.

Since 2007, Brown and the Titans have made three more NCAA appearances. He also earned two more Big West Conference Coach of the Year awards in 2012 and 2014.

As of this year, Brown has four Big West titles under his belt. Brown’s 100th win is a milestone for him and puts his team at an overall record of 8-2-2, the best in the Big West.

Illustration of student buying food

California proposing financial aid to food insecure students

The number of food-insecure students has been rising across college campuses throughout the nation due to rising tuition costs

Kanye West raps while three sillhouettes of women labeled with slang look over their shoulder in scorn.

Rappers Kanye West and the late XXXTentacion promote misogyny

It’s a troubling reality that most rappers still have a thriving career. From their seemingly flagrant misogynistic behaviors to

A graphic showing the steps to take in the event of an active shooter

Active shooter drills at Cal State Fullerton

September is National Preparedness Month at Cal State Fullerton, which encompasses everything from fire, earthquake, hurricane and active shooter