APC represented-employees may have their salaries increased, pending the approval of CSU Board of Trustees

In Campus News, Local News, News
(Meghan Kliewer / Daily Titan)

An agreement has been reached between the Cal State University system and Academic Professionals of California on the extension of a contract raising the salaries of full-time, student service employees by 2020, pending approval of the CSU Board of Trustees.

About 3,000 of these employees, who are represented by APC, provide students with professional academic guidance and a quality education in the CSU system.

Cal State Fullerton employs two APC-represented professionals, including scholarship chair Janette Hyde and graduation chair Rosalina Camacho.

If ratified by the board of trustees, these employees will receive a retroactive salary increase of 3.11 percent for July 2017, 3 percent for July 2018 and once again for July 2019.

Full-time employees will also receive a $650 one-time employee recognition bonus while part-time employees’ recognition bonuses will depend on how long they have been employed, if the agreement is approved by the CSU Board of Trustees.

“The (salary) money will be part of our budget proposal to the state of California, so the benefit of this tentative agreement is that it does allow the CSU to better plan for future budget needs,” said CSU spokesperson Elizabeth Chapin.

New employees will now have to serve 10 years in order to be eligible to retire at age 52 with full health benefits under this new contract, while current employees are eligible after serving only five.

“It is really critical to recruit and retain quality employees and then those employees are critical to the success of CSU students,” Chapin said. “In APC, the employees, many of them are student advisors, so they directly contribute to student success.”

The CSU Board of Trustees will vote on this tentative agreement at its meeting in January 2018.

Infielder Sam Kennedy hits the ball during Cal State Fullerton's games against College of Charleston on March 17.

CSUF softball to visit top ranked UCLA in tournament rematch

The CSUF softball team will end their non-conference schedule with their biggest test this season, as they will visit

CSUF women's basketball assistant coach Charel Allen yells instructions to the team during a game.

Charel Allen brings her decorated overseas career to CSUF women’s basketball

A Notre Dame legend and five-time Bulgarian league champion, Charel Allen is a women’s basketball icon and the assistant

CSUF women's golf's Britney Sok looks at the shot she just took during a tournament.

CSUF women’s golf take second at Red Rock Invitational

After a narrow brush with victory at the Agave Highlands Golf Course in Arizona this weekend, CSUF women’s golf