Cal State Fullerton women’s basketball takes first loss of season against Pacific

(Bailey Carpenter/ Daily Titan)

Taking an entirely new staff on the road following a win in its season openerCal State Fullerton women’s basketball wasn’t able to keep its winning momentum after falling to the University of the Pacific Tigers 81-65.

Titans guard China Henderson scored CSUF’s first jumper of the game to give the team a 2-0 lead. The basket was the Titans’ last advantage of the night, and it didn’t last long as the Tigers quickly took a 4-2 lead a little over a minute later.

Ball security was the main culprit for the Titans, who had eight of their 20 turnovers in the first period (compared to the Tigers’ one) which resulted in them being outscored by the Tigers 22-9.

Things began to turn around for the Titans in the second period as they began closing the point margin little by little, starting with a layup by forward Carolyn Gill.

Five successful shot attempts by Titans guard Jade Vega put CSUF in a comfortable position heading into the third period, leaving them just six points short of the Tigers, but the heat brought into the quarter by Vega was extinguished quickly as CSUF wasn’t able to maintain its momentum heading into the second half.

Not only were the Tigers quick to pounce on baskets, but more sloppy turnovers by CSUF created a margin the Titans couldn’t close as Pacific opened the gap to 14 points by the end of the third quarter.

Titans guard Hannah Thompson did her best to bring the Titans back, contributing 11 of her team-high 13 points in the second half, but her scoring wasn’t enough to keep the Titans in the game, and the team took its first loss of the year.

The Titans will continue on the road as they travel south to face San Diego State on Saturday at noon.

Fullerton residents at a city council meeting

Fullerton residents voice concerns over CSUF fraternity house

Residents voiced their concerns to the Fullerton city council on Tuesday about living near a CSUF fraternity house. Many

Samantha Huerta exercises on a bench her feet on the ground and elbows on the bench with CSUF cross country.

Samantha Huerta represents CSUF cross country, named player of the week

Samantha Huerta, a cross-country runner in her third year at Cal State Fullerton, was named women’s cross-country athlete of

Photo Illustration showing a housing development.

Proposition 1 could authorize bonds to fund housing

Proposition 1, known as the Housing Programs and Veterans’ Loan Bond, would authorize bonds to fund housing assistance programs,