Female student reports sexual battery at Cal State Fullerton

A Cal State Fullerton student was a victim of sexual battery on Nov. 9, according to the University Police Department.

A housing campus security authority reported the incident to the Title IX office. The incident report states that the female student was inappropriately grabbed and kissed by an individual.

“If someone goes to (a campus security authority) and says ‘Hey this happened to me,’ then they have to report that to Title IX on campus. That’s what happened in this case,” said University Police Capt. Scot Willey.

The report was sent to the University Police, but no further information was given, Willey said. It is currently unknown whether the suspect was a CSUF student.

“Our report just says ‘Refer to the CSA form,’ and that’s all that’s on that form,” Willey said.

Students who suffer a similar incident are highly encouraged to report it to Title IX, Counseling and Psychological Services or the University Police.

“What we really encourage and what the university is trying to encourage is that they talk to somebody,” Willey said. “We are here for advice too, we’re not just here to arrest.”

If students feel unsafe, they can go to the Title IX website for information and resources.