CSUF women’s soccer begins NCAA tournament against Pepperdine

Now entering its eighth appearance in the NCAA tournament, Cal State Fullerton women’s soccer will travel to face the Pepperdine University Waves, a team the Titans are familiar with.

Though the Titans haven’t had a chance to face the Waves this season, Titans Head Coach Demian Brown said the biggest motive for the team to come out victorious is to continue playing on the pitch out of regular season.

“The fact we’ve been able to extend our week, extend our season, is a big motivation,” Brown said.

CSUF seniors have matched up against them for three years (2014-16) and the results have either leaned toward CSUF, Pepperdine, or ended in a draw.

The Titans are confident to take on their opponent at home, as they have adjusted to them over the years.

“We feel like we can really prepare for that game well,” Brown said. “To be able to go to a place like Malibu, a place where we feel comfortable is really good for us.”

With seniors leading the squad, the veteran Titans have been a motivating factor for CSUF, offering small conversations on and off the field and maintaining a positive atmosphere.

“After our loss at UCI, we all took a look at ourselves and the team and what we needed to improve on. I think since that moment, we’ve done a lot better with our attitude going forward,” said Titans forward Sarah Fajnor.

Despite the fact that the Titans have a clear image of the athleticism the Waves have to offer, they continue to stick to their routine and prepare as they would for any match.

“This is the most important game of the season,” Fajnor said. “We’re sticking to what we’ve been doing, and that’s what is having us be successful this year.”

Whatever the outcome is Saturday, the Titans have achieved the goals they set prior to the spring season.

“Everyone is just really excited to be in the NCAA tournament,” Fajnor said.

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel / Courtesy of Amazon Studios

Review: “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” reaches new heights

The social conservatism in New York during the 1950s only makes Miriam “Midge” Maisel much more marvelous as she

(Danielle Evangelista / Daily Titan)

NCAA disapproves of Marijuana usage for rehabilitation purposes

For student-athletes in college, the ability to use marijuana as a way to help heal themselves during the course

Concept art for new virtual reality experience coming to College of the Arts.

College of the Arts plans to convert a student hotspot into Virtual Reality room

The Department of Visual Arts cell block nestled between animation classrooms 185 and 189 in building E has not