CSUF women’s soccer begins NCAA tournament against Pepperdine

Now entering its eighth appearance in the NCAA tournament, Cal State Fullerton women’s soccer will travel to face the Pepperdine University Waves, a team the Titans are familiar with.

Though the Titans haven’t had a chance to face the Waves this season, Titans Head Coach Demian Brown said the biggest motive for the team to come out victorious is to continue playing on the pitch out of regular season.

“The fact we’ve been able to extend our week, extend our season, is a big motivation,” Brown said.

CSUF seniors have matched up against them for three years (2014-16) and the results have either leaned toward CSUF, Pepperdine, or ended in a draw.

The Titans are confident to take on their opponent at home, as they have adjusted to them over the years.

“We feel like we can really prepare for that game well,” Brown said. “To be able to go to a place like Malibu, a place where we feel comfortable is really good for us.”

With seniors leading the squad, the veteran Titans have been a motivating factor for CSUF, offering small conversations on and off the field and maintaining a positive atmosphere.

“After our loss at UCI, we all took a look at ourselves and the team and what we needed to improve on. I think since that moment, we’ve done a lot better with our attitude going forward,” said Titans forward Sarah Fajnor.

Despite the fact that the Titans have a clear image of the athleticism the Waves have to offer, they continue to stick to their routine and prepare as they would for any match.

“This is the most important game of the season,” Fajnor said. “We’re sticking to what we’ve been doing, and that’s what is having us be successful this year.”

Whatever the outcome is Saturday, the Titans have achieved the goals they set prior to the spring season.

“Everyone is just really excited to be in the NCAA tournament,” Fajnor said.

A photo of Rami Perlman giving advice to CSUF's Music Industry club.

Space Yacht entrepreneur group gives industry advice to CSUF students

Space Yacht, a Los Angeles events collective, was invited by the Cal State Fullerton Music Industry Club on Tuesday

CSUF women's basketball forward Amiee Book waits for a free throw attempt.

Family fuels Amiee Book’s passion of basketball

Ranked second in the Big West in 3-point percentage, international student and CSUF women's basketball freshman forward Amiee Book

Cal State Fullerton women's basketball senior guard Jade Vega dribbles the ball during Cal State Fullerton's women's basketball game against Cal State Northridge.

CSUF women’s basketball looks to snap six game skid

CSUF women’s basketball will look to end their six-game losing streak Thursday night when they host UC Santa Barbara.