CSUF’s Prestige Public Relations partners with Together We Rise to raise awareness for the foster care system

(Julian Muniz / Daily Titan)

Cal State Fullerton’s student-run public relations firm Prestige Public Relations partnered with local nonprofit organization Together We Rise to raise awareness for the foster care system on Tuesday.

The nonprofit organization is based out of Brea and works directly with foster children and collaborates with community partners to offer them resources. The organization also utilizes service-learning activities to educate volunteers and the public on foster care issues.

Prestige Public Relations account executive Matthew Scott said Together We Rise was founded as an on-campus club 10 years ago by CSUF alumnus Danny Mendoza.

“We’re trying to raise the awareness of the fact that they have internship opportunities available for CSUF students and also about what they do for foster youth,” Scott said. “If you do a little research on the foster care system, it’s severely underfunded and overcrowded at the same time.”

On behalf of Together We Rise, Prestige Public Relations had a table set up in the central Quad and spoke to students about the nonprofit’s efforts to help give children a “brighter future.”

“They’re not in it for financial gain. They’re doing this because they really care for the cause,” Scott said. “Being able to see that makes me more excited to work with them and to kind of find something for myself where I can do it for the better of the community.”

Together We Rise makes birthday boxes, skateboards and bicycles to give to foster care organizations, Scott said. They also coordinate community picnics and trips to amusement parks like Disneyland.

Prestige Public Relations’ ultimate goal was to reach out to CSUF students through the event to educate them on how they could contribute to improving foster care.

The firm’s creative specialist Daniella Vidovich said that the organization truly makes a difference in terms of its community involvement.

“They’re actually reaching out to the community,” Vidovich said. “I think that’s what makes a difference, and I just think it’s a great organization and everybody should be aware of it.”

A tan, striped, speckled rock against a black sky spattered with stars ponders the question ...What am I?

Pluto should still be considered a planet

Pluto was considered a planet until 2006, when the International Astronomical Union changed the definition of a planet and

Junior ROTC members held all fifty state flags around Downtown Fullerton as a part of the Fullerton Veterans Day Parade and Ceremony.

City honors veterans at Fullerton Veterans Day parade

The 50 state flags surrounded Hillcrest Park on Monday, as crowds of men and women in military uniform gathered

Protestors held signs in front of the Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Museum as part of the Nobody is Above the Law protests, seeking to protect the Mueller investigations into Trump.

Protestors call for protection of Mueller investigation

Protestors held signs and chanted, “Two, four, six, eight, Mueller must investigate,” in front of the Richard Nixon Presidential