CSUF College of Education hosted a festival and resource fair for future teachers

In News
(Cole Graves / Daily Titan)

The College of Education capped off Ed Week with a Future Teacher Festival and Club Resource Fair on Nov.16.

Booths for each department under the college lined Titan Walk to provide information for students and future teachers.

“This is our culminating event for education week and it’s really to promote education and the future of K-12 educators,” said Caren Bautista, a Cal State Fullerton STEM teaching advisor.

The fair also featured prize booths, music, food and a cage full of puppies, which drew in crowds of students. Even Tuffy the Titan made an appearance and helped with the photobooth, where students could take a picture with an Ed Week-styled frame.

All week leading up to the fair, the College of Education hosted events open to the public and the CSUF community representing the theme “Rising Together.” Events included an online conference with Titan alumni, a presentation on education challenges and a boot camp for future teachers where they can learn what requirements are needed to enter a teaching credential program at CSUF.

“It’s kind of just a big party to celebrate education and encourage people to be a teacher,” said Aimee Nelson, director of the College of Education’s Center for Careers in Teaching.

The Club Resource Fair and Ed Week provided students and future educators the resources and knowledge of the requirements needed to find a job in the education field upon graduation.

The College of Education will host a Multiple Subject Credential Overview where additional resources and information on various teaching credentials will be presented. The event will take place on the fourth floor of the Pollak Library on Nov. 30 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.

Two men in the Quad hoisting their banner of Jesus Saves from Hell.

Conflict erupts over Jesus Saves from Hell banner in the Quad

A crowd of students congregated in the Quad to protest two men that came on campus with a banner

The opening page of the GOP Envoy app

Republicans and Democrats are using phone apps to recruit

Three years ago CNN proclaimed the smartphone to be the “new political battleground” in America. Now, congressional candidates in

Cal State Fullerton students arrested for stealing golf cart

A group of Cal State Fullerton students stole an athletics department golf cart from the Kinesiology and Health Science