NCAA Recruiting News: CSUF men’s basketball adds Wayne Arnold on National Signing Day

Wayne Arnold, the seventh-ranked shooting guard and 23rd-best high school recruit in the state of California according to 247sports.com, has committed to play at Cal State Fullerton next season.

“We are very excited to welcome Wayne to the Titan family,” said Titans Head Coach Dedrique Taylor in a press release. “He embodies all of the qualities we look for both on and off the court. Wayne gives us elite perimeter shooting, along with great size and an explosive athlete.”

Arnold, a three-star recruit listed at 6’2, 170 lbs, is a product of Compton, California and is currently finishing his senior year at Compton Dominguez High School.

According to 247sports.com, he was also being recruited by Nevada, UC Berkeley and USC before making a commitment to join the Titans.

“Wayne is an exceptional athlete who can really shoot the ball from the wing position,” assistant coach Danny Sprinkle said in the team’s release. “He will really focus on putting on more weight throughout the next 7 months before he arrives on campus. We targeted Wayne early in the recruiting process because of his exceptional shooting ability and athleticism. His ability to get hot and shoot the 3 from deep will remind Titan fans of former all-league standout Tre Coggins.”

Arnold will graduate from Compton Dominguez in the spring before joining the Titans in the fall, where he will join a crowded backcourt rotation that currently features no seniors, meaning the soon-to-be freshman will have to fight with numerous upperclassmen for minutes early on in his CSUF career.

Taylor said in the team’s announcement he’s confident Arnold can do so.

“I expect Wayne to have a terrific senior year as he continues getting better so that when he arrives to campus he can step in and compete to have an immediate impact,” Taylor said.

Two men in the Quad hoisting their banner of Jesus Saves from Hell.

Conflict erupts over Jesus Saves from Hell banner in the Quad

A crowd of students congregated in the Quad to protest two men that came on campus with a banner

The opening page of the GOP Envoy app

Republicans and Democrats are using phone apps to recruit

Three years ago CNN proclaimed the smartphone to be the “new political battleground” in America. Now, congressional candidates in

Cal State Fullerton students arrested for stealing golf cart

A group of Cal State Fullerton students stole an athletics department golf cart from the Kinesiology and Health Science