NCAA Recruiting News: CSUF men’s basketball adds Wayne Arnold on National Signing Day

Wayne Arnold, the seventh-ranked shooting guard and 23rd-best high school recruit in the state of California according to 247sports.com, has committed to play at Cal State Fullerton next season.

“We are very excited to welcome Wayne to the Titan family,” said Titans Head Coach Dedrique Taylor in a press release. “He embodies all of the qualities we look for both on and off the court. Wayne gives us elite perimeter shooting, along with great size and an explosive athlete.”

Arnold, a three-star recruit listed at 6’2, 170 lbs, is a product of Compton, California and is currently finishing his senior year at Compton Dominguez High School.

According to 247sports.com, he was also being recruited by Nevada, UC Berkeley and USC before making a commitment to join the Titans.

“Wayne is an exceptional athlete who can really shoot the ball from the wing position,” assistant coach Danny Sprinkle said in the team’s release. “He will really focus on putting on more weight throughout the next 7 months before he arrives on campus. We targeted Wayne early in the recruiting process because of his exceptional shooting ability and athleticism. His ability to get hot and shoot the 3 from deep will remind Titan fans of former all-league standout Tre Coggins.”

Arnold will graduate from Compton Dominguez in the spring before joining the Titans in the fall, where he will join a crowded backcourt rotation that currently features no seniors, meaning the soon-to-be freshman will have to fight with numerous upperclassmen for minutes early on in his CSUF career.

Taylor said in the team’s announcement he’s confident Arnold can do so.

“I expect Wayne to have a terrific senior year as he continues getting better so that when he arrives to campus he can step in and compete to have an immediate impact,” Taylor said.

Now-suspended Cal State Fullerton guard Landon Kirkwood dribbles as basketball during a game in 2018.

CSUF men’s basketball quietly suspends Landon Kirkwood amid allegations of domestic violence

The CSUF men’s basketball team indefinitely suspended Titans guard Landon Kirkwood from all team activities after his girlfriend accused

Kyle Allman attempts jump shot

CSUF men’s basketball held to 49 points in home loss to Loyola Marymount

CSUF men's basketball suffered its first home defeat of the season Wednesday night, losing to Loyola Marymount University 59-49. Since

Athletes studying on a bus

CSUF athletes try to maintain a high GPA while on the road

Student-athletes at CSUF often face challenges balancing a regular school schedule with athletic commitments throughout an academic year, and