NCAA Recruiting News: CSUF men’s basketball adds Wayne Arnold on National Signing Day

Wayne Arnold, the seventh-ranked shooting guard and 23rd-best high school recruit in the state of California according to 247sports.com, has committed to play at Cal State Fullerton next season.

“We are very excited to welcome Wayne to the Titan family,” said Titans Head Coach Dedrique Taylor in a press release. “He embodies all of the qualities we look for both on and off the court. Wayne gives us elite perimeter shooting, along with great size and an explosive athlete.”

Arnold, a three-star recruit listed at 6’2, 170 lbs, is a product of Compton, California and is currently finishing his senior year at Compton Dominguez High School.

According to 247sports.com, he was also being recruited by Nevada, UC Berkeley and USC before making a commitment to join the Titans.

“Wayne is an exceptional athlete who can really shoot the ball from the wing position,” assistant coach Danny Sprinkle said in the team’s release. “He will really focus on putting on more weight throughout the next 7 months before he arrives on campus. We targeted Wayne early in the recruiting process because of his exceptional shooting ability and athleticism. His ability to get hot and shoot the 3 from deep will remind Titan fans of former all-league standout Tre Coggins.”

Arnold will graduate from Compton Dominguez in the spring before joining the Titans in the fall, where he will join a crowded backcourt rotation that currently features no seniors, meaning the soon-to-be freshman will have to fight with numerous upperclassmen for minutes early on in his CSUF career.

Taylor said in the team’s announcement he’s confident Arnold can do so.

“I expect Wayne to have a terrific senior year as he continues getting better so that when he arrives to campus he can step in and compete to have an immediate impact,” Taylor said.

A photo of Rami Perlman giving advice to CSUF's Music Industry club.

Space Yacht entrepreneur group gives industry advice to CSUF students

Space Yacht, a Los Angeles events collective, was invited by the Cal State Fullerton Music Industry Club on Tuesday

CSUF women's basketball forward Amiee Book waits for a free throw attempt.

Family fuels Amiee Book’s passion of basketball

Ranked second in the Big West in 3-point percentage, international student and CSUF women's basketball freshman forward Amiee Book

Cal State Fullerton women's basketball senior guard Jade Vega dribbles the ball during Cal State Fullerton's women's basketball game against Cal State Northridge.

CSUF women’s basketball looks to snap six game skid

CSUF women’s basketball will look to end their six-game losing streak Thursday night when they host UC Santa Barbara.