Osher Lifelong Learning Institute holds third installment of “Tales of a Great University” at CSUF

(Gene Pietragallo / Daily Titan)

The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) welcomed professor of psychology and Dean of the College of Health and Human Development Laurie Roades, Ph.D., for the third installment of Tales of a Great University on Monday morning.

The four-part lecture series began Oct. 10 with the College of Communications Dean Edward Fink, and aimed to offer insight from different college deans on how CSUF can improve the campus and community.

Hosted in the Mackey Auditorium of the Ruby Gerontology Center, Roades lauded the tight-knit nature of the CSUF community.

Before opening the auditorium to questions, Roades explained her observations of the campus to the audience.

“One of the great things about Cal State Fullerton students, regardless of their major, is that our students come from the local community. They come from it, they care about it and they want to better it,” Roades said.

Roades was the former chair of Cal Poly Pomona’s Department of Psychology and Sociology and joined the CSUF staff in 2016.

“I thought the dean did a terrific job. She’s obviously very articulate. She knows alot about her area of responsibility given that she’s only been here a couple of years,” said Ron Osajima, former vice president of OLLI. “There were a number of things that she said that I think we, as an organization could be helpful with.”

The fourth and final Tales of a Great University lecture installment will be hosted by Marie Johnson, dean of the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, in Mackey Auditorium at 10 a.m. on Tuesday Nov. 28. Johnson, who joined CSUF in July 2016, is scheduled to speak about the earth’s current environmental state and the importance of natural science education.

A photo of Rami Perlman giving advice to CSUF's Music Industry club.

Space Yacht entrepreneur group gives industry advice to CSUF students

Space Yacht, a Los Angeles events collective, was invited by the Cal State Fullerton Music Industry Club on Tuesday

CSUF women's basketball forward Amiee Book waits for a free throw attempt.

Family fuels Amiee Book’s passion of basketball

Ranked second in the Big West in 3-point percentage, international student and CSUF women's basketball freshman forward Amiee Book

Cal State Fullerton women's basketball senior guard Jade Vega dribbles the ball during Cal State Fullerton's women's basketball game against Cal State Northridge.

CSUF women’s basketball looks to snap six game skid

CSUF women’s basketball will look to end their six-game losing streak Thursday night when they host UC Santa Barbara.