CSUF women’s basketball loses to Idaho in fourth straight defeat

(Bailey Carpenter / Daily Titan File Photo)

The Idaho Vandals outscored the Titans 19-9 in the first quarter and never looked back, ultimately rampaging past CSUF in an easy 80-60 victory.

Idaho guard Taylor Pierce, who led the Vandals with 27 points, was absolutely unstoppable right from the start, cashing her first nine shots — all threes — to help the Vandals jump out to a 48-23 halftime lead that the Titans wouldn’t come anywhere close to touching.

The entire Vandals roster was on fire, canning 73.3 percent of its 3-pointers in the first half before finishing the game shooting 62.5 percent from behind the arc.

The Titans, meanwhile, couldn’t have been colder if they’d walked outside into the harsh Idaho winter. CSUF shot just 38.6 percent from the field and 20 percent of 3-pointers.

Fullerton could’ve survived its terrible shooting night had it been able to take care of the ball or defend, but the team wasn’t able to do much of either against Idaho.

The team gave up wide-open threes from all over the floor and blew rotations to allow easy Vandals’ layups, all while coughing up the ball nine times in the first half then cleaning up their act to finish the game with 11 turnovers.

One of the few bright spots for the Titans was the continuing solid play of center Daeja Smith, who played well enough over the weekend to earn a spot on the Lady Griz Classic all-tournament team.

Smith continued her solid run of play against Idaho, leading the Titans in scoring with 19 points and nine rebounds to narrowly miss out on her third straight double-double.

But Smith’s work alone couldn’t fight off the Vandals, and no other members of the Titans’ roster shot above 50 percent in the game.

The loss was the Titans’ fourth straight defeat, a streak the team will look to end when they return home to host Antelope Valley on Saturday at 6 p.m. in Titan Gym.

CSUF Associated Students holds closed election hearings; expert says meetings were illegal

Associated Students violated a California open meeting law over the last two weeks by failing to post agendas for

Titan pitcher Sophie Frost winds her arm ready to pitch to the batter in front of her.

Complete game from Sophie Frost is not enough as Cal State Fullerton softball drops first game of series to Loyola Marymount 3-1

Loyola Marymount’s two-run double in the top of the seventh from outfielder Brooke Christensen helped lift itself over Cal

RAD Instructors pose for a staff photo

CSUF University Police teach students self defense in an attempt curb campus sexual assault

In an attempt to combat the dangers of rape and sexual assault on campus, Cal State Fullerton University Police