Titans guard Ian Fox secures mid-season release from men’s basketball team

In Sports, Top Stories
(Jason Gehrlein for the Daily Titan)

Titans guard Ian Fox secured his release from the men’s basketball team last week. Neither Fox nor Titan Athletics specified why.

“It’s really just what I needed to do to better myself and my career,” Fox said when reached before declining further comment on the situation.

Fox was averaging 1.2 points and 0.8 assists in 7.6 minutes per game in five appearances for the Titans before his release.

“We wish Ian all the best and hope he can find the level of success he is in search of, both on and off the court,” said Titans Head Coach Dedrique Taylor through a spokesperson.

Fox said he had “a couple things lined up” but was not specific about what his plans were for the future.

The junior transfer was in his first year with the Titans after previously spending two years at Fullerton College and one year at Idaho State. Fox was also a former conference MVP for the Orange Empire Conference.

Fox’s CSUF bio page also listed him as the 2016-17 California Player of the Year, but that page no longer exists.

All references to Fox have been removed from the team’s roster page, and Titan Athletics’ site reads “That page could not be found” when attempting to access his bio page. An archived version of the page still exists.

A team spokesperson said that removing a player from the website is standard procedure when a player leaves the team.

Fox was last listed on the team’s box score for the Titans’ win over Cal Lutheran on Dec. 2 but has not appeared in box scores for any of the team’s three games since.

With Fox gone, the Titans’ point guard rotation will now consist of Jamal Smith, Austen Awosika and Daniel Venzant for the remainder of the season.

The Pasillas family, father and sons, pose in front of their workspace for the Rialto Printing Company.

Voices from Home: The Pasillas family represents their city with the Rialto Print Company

Few people are aware of how much thought and time is put into a T-shirt design, but what began

An electric vehicle charging station at CSUF.

CSUF to add more electric vehicle charging spots on campus

As part of a statewide goal, Cal State Fullerton plans on adding more electric vehicle parking stations in an

The crowd looks forward to the Levitt Pavilion anticipating an Anderson .Paak performance.

Anderson .Paak holds charity concert for Brandon Anderson Foundation

“Yes lawd!” yelled hundreds of people in the crowd as Anderson .Paak took the stage on Saturday at MacArthur