Titans guard Ian Fox secures mid-season release from men’s basketball team

In Sports, Top Stories
(Jason Gehrlein for the Daily Titan)

Titans guard Ian Fox secured his release from the men’s basketball team last week. Neither Fox nor Titan Athletics specified why.

“It’s really just what I needed to do to better myself and my career,” Fox said when reached before declining further comment on the situation.

Fox was averaging 1.2 points and 0.8 assists in 7.6 minutes per game in five appearances for the Titans before his release.

“We wish Ian all the best and hope he can find the level of success he is in search of, both on and off the court,” said Titans Head Coach Dedrique Taylor through a spokesperson.

Fox said he had “a couple things lined up” but was not specific about what his plans were for the future.

The junior transfer was in his first year with the Titans after previously spending two years at Fullerton College and one year at Idaho State. Fox was also a former conference MVP for the Orange Empire Conference.

Fox’s CSUF bio page also listed him as the 2016-17 California Player of the Year, but that page no longer exists.

All references to Fox have been removed from the team’s roster page, and Titan Athletics’ site reads “That page could not be found” when attempting to access his bio page. An archived version of the page still exists.

A team spokesperson said that removing a player from the website is standard procedure when a player leaves the team.

Fox was last listed on the team’s box score for the Titans’ win over Cal Lutheran on Dec. 2 but has not appeared in box scores for any of the team’s three games since.

With Fox gone, the Titans’ point guard rotation will now consist of Jamal Smith, Austen Awosika and Daniel Venzant for the remainder of the season.

A photo of Rami Perlman giving advice to CSUF's Music Industry club.

Space Yacht entrepreneur group gives industry advice to CSUF students

Space Yacht, a Los Angeles events collective, was invited by the Cal State Fullerton Music Industry Club on Tuesday

CSUF women's basketball forward Amiee Book waits for a free throw attempt.

Family fuels Amiee Book’s passion of basketball

Ranked second in the Big West in 3-point percentage, international student and CSUF women's basketball freshman forward Amiee Book

Cal State Fullerton women's basketball senior guard Jade Vega dribbles the ball during Cal State Fullerton's women's basketball game against Cal State Northridge.

CSUF women’s basketball looks to snap six game skid

CSUF women’s basketball will look to end their six-game losing streak Thursday night when they host UC Santa Barbara.