ASI Board of Directors meeting outlined upcoming events at CSUF

(Daily Titan File Photo)

The Associated Students, Inc., board of directors announced at its Tuesday meeting that it will vote next week on a resolution in opposition to a potential CSU tuition increase for the 2018-2019 academic year.

The resolution was passed by the ASI Governance Committee on Feb. 1.

A former student from Cal State Long Beach opened the meeting to promote Cal State Fullerton alumni and Democratic California Sen. Ed Hernandez,for Lt. Governor.

Other announcements made at the meeting included:

• Arts Week will be held April 7 through 13, and will include different events from clubs in the Arts Interclub Council.
  • The Pencil Mileage Club will have an event on Feb. 23 at 7 p.m., where students will be able to meet Grace Kum, a digital developer from DreamWorks Animation.
  • The Financial Fitness camp will have a business management week March 1 through 8, which will allow students to network with professionals and alumni.
  • Titan Tusk Force will hold a mozzarella stick giveaway on March 5 from noon to 1 p.m. and a second Taco Tuesday event on April 3 from noon to 1 p.m.
  • The Fullerton Arboretum will be hosting a “Sweetheart Stroll” on Feb. 14 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., “Veggie Palooza” on March 16 through 18 and a “Green Scene” event with garden vendors on April 21 and 22.
  • On Feb. 8 at 7 p.m. a “Pachyderm Challenge” will feature in the Titan Gym during the men’s basketball game halftime show. This event features a matchup of Fullerton students against Fullerton faculty and staff.
  • The grand opening of Tuffy’s Basic Needs Center will be held on Feb. 14 in McCarthy Hall. The new center will provide free hygiene products to underserved students and house Tuffy’s Career Closet.

Hank LoForte at the plate for CSUF baseball

CSUF baseball drops midweek matchup against San Diego

A five-run second inning was all the University of San Diego baseball team needed to win as they defeated

The Fullerton College men's basketball team celebrates with the CCCAA trophy.

Fullerton College men’s basketball captures fourth state crown

On a night where championship hardware was up for grabs, the Fullerton College men’s basketball team outlasted the City

From left to right, Matthew Mendoza, Jordan Mendoza, Megan Garcia, Julius Choi, Demetri Herrera, and Arnie Gonzalez of the Daily Titan Sports Desk look one with the sports section behind them.

Open Letter: President Virjee disrespected Daily Titan Sports

President Framroze M. Virjee, With all due respect, your open letter to the Orange County Register regarding their lack