ASI Board of Directors meeting outlined upcoming events at CSUF

(Daily Titan File Photo)

The Associated Students, Inc., board of directors announced at its Tuesday meeting that it will vote next week on a resolution in opposition to a potential CSU tuition increase for the 2018-2019 academic year.

The resolution was passed by the ASI Governance Committee on Feb. 1.

A former student from Cal State Long Beach opened the meeting to promote Cal State Fullerton alumni and Democratic California Sen. Ed Hernandez,for Lt. Governor.

Other announcements made at the meeting included:

• Arts Week will be held April 7 through 13, and will include different events from clubs in the Arts Interclub Council.
  • The Pencil Mileage Club will have an event on Feb. 23 at 7 p.m., where students will be able to meet Grace Kum, a digital developer from DreamWorks Animation.
  • The Financial Fitness camp will have a business management week March 1 through 8, which will allow students to network with professionals and alumni.
  • Titan Tusk Force will hold a mozzarella stick giveaway on March 5 from noon to 1 p.m. and a second Taco Tuesday event on April 3 from noon to 1 p.m.
  • The Fullerton Arboretum will be hosting a “Sweetheart Stroll” on Feb. 14 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., “Veggie Palooza” on March 16 through 18 and a “Green Scene” event with garden vendors on April 21 and 22.
  • On Feb. 8 at 7 p.m. a “Pachyderm Challenge” will feature in the Titan Gym during the men’s basketball game halftime show. This event features a matchup of Fullerton students against Fullerton faculty and staff.
  • The grand opening of Tuffy’s Basic Needs Center will be held on Feb. 14 in McCarthy Hall. The new center will provide free hygiene products to underserved students and house Tuffy’s Career Closet.

Kyle Allman Jr. attempts jump shot

CSUF guard Kyle Allman named Big West player of the week

CSUF men’s basketball guard Kyle Allman Jr. was named Big West player of the week for the fourth time

The nightlife in Dotonbori features fluorescent lights, street food vendors and local bars.

Column: Two brothers reunited in Japan

When I woke from my nap, my body was still strapped to the coffin-like dimensions of my seat. The

A photo of transfer student Julian Serrano in front of Cal State Fullerton sign.

Column: From a Mt. San Antonio Mountie to a CSUF Titan

At the age of 17 I began my first semester at Mt. San Antonio College. I recall feeling overwhelmed