Cal State Fullerton University Police notified of rape in on-campus university housing

(Bailey Carpenter / Daily Titan)

The Cal State Fullerton University Police Department was notified on Feb. 6 of a rape that occurred in student housing on Feb. 4 at approximately 3:45 a.m.

University Police sent out a campus-wide email Tuesday night containing information about the suspect.

According to the email, the suspect used the name “Steven Wolf” and is described as a male African-American, approximately six feet tall with a muscular build. He is said to have curly hair and a sideways “V” tattooed on his neck and possibly another tattoo on the left side of his chest.

The suspect is not believed to be a part of the campus community, according to University Police.

The last timely warning of a rape on CSUF’s main campus was sent on Oct. 5, 2017.

University Police reminded everyone that affirmative consent is required for any sexual activity. They urge the campus community to report any suspicious behaviors to University Police or call 911.

For all coverage of of CSUF crime, click here.