Cal State Fullerton University Police notified of rape in on-campus university housing

(Bailey Carpenter / Daily Titan)

The Cal State Fullerton University Police Department was notified on Feb. 6 of a rape that occurred in student housing on Feb. 4 at approximately 3:45 a.m.

University Police sent out a campus-wide email Tuesday night containing information about the suspect.

According to the email, the suspect used the name “Steven Wolf” and is described as a male African-American, approximately six feet tall with a muscular build. He is said to have curly hair and a sideways “V” tattooed on his neck and possibly another tattoo on the left side of his chest.

The suspect is not believed to be a part of the campus community, according to University Police.

The last timely warning of a rape on CSUF’s main campus was sent on Oct. 5, 2017.

University Police reminded everyone that affirmative consent is required for any sexual activity. They urge the campus community to report any suspicious behaviors to University Police or call 911.

For all coverage of of CSUF crime, click here. 

Obama Awards recipients wait to receive their awards at the event on Saturday.

Orange County Young Democrats celebrate victory with Obama Awards

Triumphant cheers filled the air as Orange County Democrats, including Gil Cisneros, 39th District congressman-elect and Priya Shah, instructor

A woman from the Tree Society drives a wheelbarrow full of tree parts down a dirt path.

Voices from Home: The Huntington Beach Tree Society plants trees for the community

The city of Huntington Beach often brings to mind a picturesque coastline landscape tucked close to suburban life and

Headshot of Fullerton Police Chief, David Hendricks who resigned on Friday.

Former Fullerton police chief charged with battery

Former Fullerton Police Chief David James Hendricks and Capt. Thomas William Oliveras Jr. were charged on Friday for battery