CSUF women’s golf stumbles to 12th place tie in day one of Battle at the Rock Tourney

Photo Courtesy of Matt Brown

Cal State Fullerton women’s golf returned to the green for the Battle at the Rock tournament in Riverside after a three-month break from competition.

Although the Titans did not end in the top spot, CSUF finished just 41 over par 576, ending day one of the competition in a tie for 12th place.

UC Davis dominated the charts and heads into day two in a comfortable first-place spot, just three strokes over par 576.

CSUF freshman Courtney Sharkey led the Titans, placing in a five-way tie for 35th place.

Sharkey improved in the second round after moving up nine places, finishing with three strokes over par 72 and eight over par 144.

Sophomore Elsa Lundquist tied for 41st place after dropping 22 places in the second round.

Lundquist was able to successfully make holes two and three at par, her best of the evening. Despite holding on in the first three holes, Lundquist finished five over par 41 heading into the second round. However, she dropped to her lowest score at hole 17 when she went eight over par.

Despite dropping places late in the tourney, the Titans have another chance to redeem themselves as they close out the tournament on Tuesday.

The Titans will continue day two of the Battle at the Rock tournament Feb. 13 at Oak Quarry Golf Club.

Christian Maqueda strikes a ballerina pose on a table at CSUF.

CSUF student Christian Maqueda discovered a passion for dance through his involvement with high school color guard

To most, color guard is a spectacle before sporting events, but to Cal State Fullerton junior Christian Maqueda, it’s

Letter to the Editor:The Abrupt Dismissal of Clem Guthro as Dean of the University Library

I address this letter to the members of this university and its governing body with great concern in the