CSUF women’s golf stumbles to 12th place tie in day one of Battle at the Rock Tourney

Photo Courtesy of Matt Brown

Cal State Fullerton women’s golf returned to the green for the Battle at the Rock tournament in Riverside after a three-month break from competition.

Although the Titans did not end in the top spot, CSUF finished just 41 over par 576, ending day one of the competition in a tie for 12th place.

UC Davis dominated the charts and heads into day two in a comfortable first-place spot, just three strokes over par 576.

CSUF freshman Courtney Sharkey led the Titans, placing in a five-way tie for 35th place.

Sharkey improved in the second round after moving up nine places, finishing with three strokes over par 72 and eight over par 144.

Sophomore Elsa Lundquist tied for 41st place after dropping 22 places in the second round.

Lundquist was able to successfully make holes two and three at par, her best of the evening. Despite holding on in the first three holes, Lundquist finished five over par 41 heading into the second round. However, she dropped to her lowest score at hole 17 when she went eight over par.

Despite dropping places late in the tourney, the Titans have another chance to redeem themselves as they close out the tournament on Tuesday.

The Titans will continue day two of the Battle at the Rock tournament Feb. 13 at Oak Quarry Golf Club.

Obama Awards recipients wait to receive their awards at the event on Saturday.

Orange County Young Democrats celebrate victory with Obama Awards

Triumphant cheers filled the air as Orange County Democrats, including Gil Cisneros, 39th District congressman-elect and Priya Shah, instructor

A woman from the Tree Society drives a wheelbarrow full of tree parts down a dirt path.

Voices from Home: The Huntington Beach Tree Society plants trees for the community

The city of Huntington Beach often brings to mind a picturesque coastline landscape tucked close to suburban life and

Headshot of Fullerton Police Chief, David Hendricks who resigned on Friday.

Former Fullerton police chief charged with battery

Former Fullerton Police Chief David James Hendricks and Capt. Thomas William Oliveras Jr. were charged on Friday for battery