CSUF baseball looks for fourth consecutive win against UC San Diego

In Baseball, Sports
Titans pitcher Blake Workman throwing a pitch.
(Katie Albertson / Daily Titan File Photo)

CSUF baseball will face the University of San Diego for the first time this season on Tuesday, March 20.

In the West Coast Conference preseason poll, San Diego was picked to win the conference for nine of the past 10 seasons. This year, however, they were picked to finish second behind Brigham Young University.

The San Diego Toreros, now 10-10, are coming off a 16-7 loss against Santa Clara from Sunday.

The Titans are heading into this game after sweeping Grand Canyon University in their three-game home series and looking to extend the streak with a win over San Diego.

“Going in hot into conference is the biggest thing, this is all important, but conference is definitely rule number one” said pitcher Tanner Bibee.

Bibee helped the Titan’s secure the shutout against Grand Canyon on Sunday afternoon, pitching four innings while junior Blake Workman pitched three innings and junior Brett Conine came in for the ninth.

Titans Head Coach Rick Vanderhook said the team succeeded mentally and physically, allowing them to secure the victories over the weekend.

“It was all about the pitchers today, they never cracked. There was no panic,” Vanderhook said.

Tuesday’s game will start at 6 p.m. at Goodwin Field.

Kaila Cruz contributed to this report.

Kyle Allman Jr. attempts jump shot

CSUF guard Kyle Allman named Big West player of the week

CSUF men’s basketball guard Kyle Allman Jr. was named Big West player of the week for the fourth time

The nightlife in Dotonbori features fluorescent lights, street food vendors and local bars.

Column: Two brothers reunited in Japan

When I woke from my nap, my body was still strapped to the coffin-like dimensions of my seat. The

A photo of transfer student Julian Serrano in front of Cal State Fullerton sign.

Column: From a Mt. San Antonio Mountie to a CSUF Titan

At the age of 17 I began my first semester at Mt. San Antonio College. I recall feeling overwhelmed