CSUF baseball looks for fourth consecutive win against UC San Diego

In Baseball, Sports
Titans pitcher Blake Workman throwing a pitch.
(Katie Albertson / Daily Titan File Photo)

CSUF baseball will face the University of San Diego for the first time this season on Tuesday, March 20.

In the West Coast Conference preseason poll, San Diego was picked to win the conference for nine of the past 10 seasons. This year, however, they were picked to finish second behind Brigham Young University.

The San Diego Toreros, now 10-10, are coming off a 16-7 loss against Santa Clara from Sunday.

The Titans are heading into this game after sweeping Grand Canyon University in their three-game home series and looking to extend the streak with a win over San Diego.

“Going in hot into conference is the biggest thing, this is all important, but conference is definitely rule number one” said pitcher Tanner Bibee.

Bibee helped the Titan’s secure the shutout against Grand Canyon on Sunday afternoon, pitching four innings while junior Blake Workman pitched three innings and junior Brett Conine came in for the ninth.

Titans Head Coach Rick Vanderhook said the team succeeded mentally and physically, allowing them to secure the victories over the weekend.

“It was all about the pitchers today, they never cracked. There was no panic,” Vanderhook said.

Tuesday’s game will start at 6 p.m. at Goodwin Field.

Kaila Cruz contributed to this report.

CSUF Outside Hitter Gabrielle Barcelos set ups a spike attempt for her teammate against Cal Poly SLO, Sept. 21.

CSUF volleyball loses to UC Santa Barbara, drops eighth-straight game

CSUF volleyball was aced 10 times on the way to a three-set loss against UC Santa Barbara in Titan

CSUF's forward Bass Sarr confronts St. Francis' midfielder Kevin Smolyn during the Titans 2-2 tie.

CSUF men’s soccer draws tie against St. Francis University

Sunday night was repeated doses of deja vu disguised as a soccer game, as Cal State Fullerton men’s soccer

An electric vehicle spot, much like the one where the kicking incident occurred.

CSUF professor ordered to pay student for damaged car

John Short, Cal State Fullerton professor of theatre and dance, was ordered to pay a CSUF student $3,246.44 on