CSUF baseball looks for fourth consecutive win against UC San Diego

In Baseball, Sports
Titans pitcher Blake Workman throwing a pitch.
(Katie Albertson / Daily Titan File Photo)

CSUF baseball will face the University of San Diego for the first time this season on Tuesday, March 20.

In the West Coast Conference preseason poll, San Diego was picked to win the conference for nine of the past 10 seasons. This year, however, they were picked to finish second behind Brigham Young University.

The San Diego Toreros, now 10-10, are coming off a 16-7 loss against Santa Clara from Sunday.

The Titans are heading into this game after sweeping Grand Canyon University in their three-game home series and looking to extend the streak with a win over San Diego.

“Going in hot into conference is the biggest thing, this is all important, but conference is definitely rule number one” said pitcher Tanner Bibee.

Bibee helped the Titan’s secure the shutout against Grand Canyon on Sunday afternoon, pitching four innings while junior Blake Workman pitched three innings and junior Brett Conine came in for the ninth.

Titans Head Coach Rick Vanderhook said the team succeeded mentally and physically, allowing them to secure the victories over the weekend.

“It was all about the pitchers today, they never cracked. There was no panic,” Vanderhook said.

Tuesday’s game will start at 6 p.m. at Goodwin Field.

Kaila Cruz contributed to this report.

Hank LoForte at the plate for CSUF baseball

CSUF baseball drops midweek matchup against San Diego

A five-run second inning was all the University of San Diego baseball team needed to win as they defeated

The Fullerton College men's basketball team celebrates with the CCCAA trophy.

Fullerton College men’s basketball captures fourth state crown

On a night where championship hardware was up for grabs, the Fullerton College men’s basketball team outlasted the City

From left to right, Matthew Mendoza, Jordan Mendoza, Megan Garcia, Julius Choi, Demetri Herrera, and Arnie Gonzalez of the Daily Titan Sports Desk look one with the sports section behind them.

Open Letter: President Virjee disrespected Daily Titan Sports

President Framroze M. Virjee, With all due respect, your open letter to the Orange County Register regarding their lack