CSUF baseball looks for fourth consecutive win against UC San Diego

In Baseball, Sports
Titans pitcher Blake Workman throwing a pitch.
(Katie Albertson / Daily Titan File Photo)

CSUF baseball will face the University of San Diego for the first time this season on Tuesday, March 20.

In the West Coast Conference preseason poll, San Diego was picked to win the conference for nine of the past 10 seasons. This year, however, they were picked to finish second behind Brigham Young University.

The San Diego Toreros, now 10-10, are coming off a 16-7 loss against Santa Clara from Sunday.

The Titans are heading into this game after sweeping Grand Canyon University in their three-game home series and looking to extend the streak with a win over San Diego.

“Going in hot into conference is the biggest thing, this is all important, but conference is definitely rule number one” said pitcher Tanner Bibee.

Bibee helped the Titan’s secure the shutout against Grand Canyon on Sunday afternoon, pitching four innings while junior Blake Workman pitched three innings and junior Brett Conine came in for the ninth.

Titans Head Coach Rick Vanderhook said the team succeeded mentally and physically, allowing them to secure the victories over the weekend.

“It was all about the pitchers today, they never cracked. There was no panic,” Vanderhook said.

Tuesday’s game will start at 6 p.m. at Goodwin Field.

Kaila Cruz contributed to this report.

A tan, striped, speckled rock against a black sky spattered with stars ponders the question ...What am I?

Pluto should still be considered a planet

Pluto was considered a planet until 2006, when the International Astronomical Union changed the definition of a planet and

Junior ROTC members held all fifty state flags around Downtown Fullerton as a part of the Fullerton Veterans Day Parade and Ceremony.

City honors veterans at Fullerton Veterans Day parade

The 50 state flags surrounded Hillcrest Park on Monday, as crowds of men and women in military uniform gathered

Protestors held signs in front of the Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Museum as part of the Nobody is Above the Law protests, seeking to protect the Mueller investigations into Trump.

Protestors call for protection of Mueller investigation

Protestors held signs and chanted, “Two, four, six, eight, Mueller must investigate,” in front of the Richard Nixon Presidential