Cal State Fullerton men’s golf takes fifth-place finish in the second day of the ORU/SFA Spring Break Challenge

CSUF men's golf
(Courtesy of Matt Brown)

Cal State Fullerton men’s golf ended day two of the ORU/SFA Spring Break Challenge in fifth place, scoring 16-over par 568.

Senior Martin Manalo moved up from his 32nd place performance in day one and finished the second day in ninth. He scored 4-over par 75 Monday, but managed to cut his score down, ending with a 3-over par 142.

Freshman Dalton Daniel trailed Manalo on Tuesday, tying for 10th place with a score of 4-over par 142 and moving down from his ninth place 1-over par 71 finish Monday.

After tying with Daniel the first day, senior Mark Cobey ended in another tie for 22nd on the second day. He plummeted from 1-over par 71 to six strokes over par 142.

In day one of the tournament, the Titans were in a three-way tie for second, scoring 6-over par 290. This marked the first time Fullerton has placed in second for any of the rounds this season.

Out of the 16 participating teams, Rice University held first place throughout both days. It leads the tournament with a score of nine strokes over par 577, which is three strokes ahead of the second place team, University of North Texas.

The Titans will have a chance to redeem themselves moving into day three of the competition on Wednesday, March 14.

CSUF baseball dropped the first game of the NCAA Fullerton Super Regional to Washington 8-5 Friday at Goodwin Field.