CSUF crime: Theft, kidnapping, assault and repeated offender reported in Fullerton

map of where crimes in story took place on campus
(Tracy Hoang / Daily Titan)

CSUF University Police received a call on March 10 at 1:00 p.m. that a male, non-student was “disturbing the peace,” after being upset over a male student sneezing outside the Mihaylo Starbucks, said University Police Capt. Scott Willey.

Bryan Cash Charle, 30, said, “Whoever does that again, I’m going to punch you in the f’ing face,” Willey said. 

mugshot of Bryan Cash Charle
Bryan Cash Charle (Courtesy of University Police)

Charle was escorted off campus and told to remain off campus for at least seven days, but four days later he was arrested for returning to campus.

On March 14 around 8 a.m. University Police arrested Charle after responding to a call about a suspicious male in the women’s restroom in McCarthy Hall.

Charle was booked into Orange County Central Men’s Jail and charged with a misdemeanor, Willey said.

Charle has since been released after receiving a citation and is expected in court on April 11, 2018.

Battery Assault

An argument on March 14 between a male and female couple on campus resulted in an arrest under suspicion for domestic violence, Willey said.

University Police received multiple calls about the incident around 4 p.m. The argument, between students Ayreianna Verline Armstrong and Milton Sherriel Williams III originated in the Titan Student Union and continued in University Hall. Willey said. Witnesses confirmed Armstrong was the primary aggressor, Willey said.

The argument began over a text message Williams received, which upset Armstrong, Willey said. 

mugshot of Milton Sherriel Williams III
Milton Sherriel Williams III (Courtesy of University Police)
mugshot of Ayreianna Verline Armstrong
Ayreianna Verline Armstrong (Courtesy of University Police)

“According to all the witnesses, she started swinging at him and was battering him with some blows and he was defending himself. At some point, he grabbed her cellphone and threw it on the ground,” Willey said.

Armstrong was arrested for battery assault and Williams was arrested and booked into Orange County Central Men’s Jail for vandalizing property over $400. He was released the next day after promising to appear in court.

Kidnapping

Two juveniles were intimidated into walking to the University Police Department by a male student on March 12 around 10 p.m., Willey said.

The juveniles were visiting campus around the Student Recreation Center when the student confronted them for staring. Willey said the incident was a misunderstanding in which the student felt threatened by the juveniles.

The student then told them to walk over to the police department, University Police was not able to get a story out of the situation.

“They apologized and said ‘We didn’t know what we were doing, but this guy made us walk over here,’” Willey said.

Moving an individual from one place to the other against their will is considered a kidnapping, and that’s what the incident was cited as, Willey said.

Theft of Personal Property

A male student parked his 2014 Toyota Prius in the Eastside Parking Structure of CSUF on March 1 at 1:00 p.m. Upon his return, the student realized his parking permit was missing, Willey said.

The permit was not reported stolen until 12 days later, making it hard for University Police to follow up on the incident, Willey said.

Willey said it is “uncommon” for permits to be stolen.

If a parking permit is stolen, Willey said the incident should be reported to the parking department. Willey said the student will probably be asked to pay a nominal fee for a replacement and the original permit will be flagged as stolen.

For more coverage of CSUF crime visit our dedicated page.

Fullerton residents at a city council meeting

Fullerton residents voice concerns over CSUF fraternity house

Residents voiced their concerns to the Fullerton city council on Tuesday about living near a CSUF fraternity house. Many

Samantha Huerta exercises on a bench her feet on the ground and elbows on the bench with CSUF cross country.

Samantha Huerta represents CSUF cross country, named player of the week

Samantha Huerta, a cross-country runner in her third year at Cal State Fullerton, was named women’s cross-country athlete of

Photo Illustration showing a housing development.

Proposition 1 could authorize bonds to fund housing

Proposition 1, known as the Housing Programs and Veterans’ Loan Bond, would authorize bonds to fund housing assistance programs,