CSUF track and field looks to build on recent success at UC Riverside Spring Classic

CSUF titan Charles Kelly jumps over a hurdle during a track meet.
(Courtesy of Matt Brown)

A handful of outdoor track and field Titans surpassed their personal best records, last weekend, during the USC Trojan Invitational. Junior Thaddeus Smith reached his season best of 21.42 seconds in the 200-meter dash, finishing fifth.

Sophomore Samantha Huerta finished the women’s mile in third place and earned a personal best of 4 minutes, 48.02 seconds. She also set a personal record of 2:10.53 in the 800-meter race.

Huerta took control of her events as she also found herself breaking personal records in other invitationals.

At the Ben Brown Invitational on March 10, Huerta ran the first outdoor 5K of her collegiate career and took first place with a time of 17:13.53.

Senior Adrianna Reagan took second place in the women’s high jump by clearing 5 feet, 5 inches, during the USC Invitational.

Rasaun House is the only athlete to be named Big West Conference Track Athlete of the Week this season after earning the honor on March 6. The freshman garnered three second-place finishes in the 100-meter dash, 200-meter dash and 4×100-meter relay at the Riverside City College Quad Meet on March 3.

The team looks to build on its recent success as it participates in the UC Riverside Spring Classic starting Thursday and ending Saturday.

Graph depicting full time equivalent students enrollment at different CSU's

Cal State Fullerton ranks lowest in funding per student in the CSU system

Cal State Fullerton receives the lowest funding per student in the CSU system and has the most enrolled students

Graph showing a decrease in crime statistics

CSUF releases Annual Security Report under Clery Act showing 2017 crime rates

Cal State Fullerton and several other local CSUs have released their 2017 Annual Security Report as mandated by the

Gayle Brunelle addresses her concerns with executive order 1100 at academic senate meeting thursday

General education requirements in CSU system could create faculty layoffs

Chancellor Timothy P. White issued an executive order in August 2017 requiring colleges in the CSU system to change