CSUF track and field looks to build on recent success at UC Riverside Spring Classic

CSUF titan Charles Kelly jumps over a hurdle during a track meet.

A handful of outdoor track and field Titans surpassed their personal best records, last weekend, during the USC Trojan Invitational. Junior Thaddeus Smith reached his season best of 21.42 seconds in the 200-meter dash, finishing fifth.

Sophomore Samantha Huerta finished the women’s mile in third place and earned a personal best of 4 minutes, 48.02 seconds. She also set a personal record of 2:10.53 in the 800-meter race.

Huerta took control of her events as she also found herself breaking personal records in other invitationals.

At the Ben Brown Invitational on March 10, Huerta ran the first outdoor 5K of her collegiate career and took first place with a time of 17:13.53.

Senior Adrianna Reagan took second place in the women’s high jump by clearing 5 feet, 5 inches, during the USC Invitational.

Rasaun House is the only athlete to be named Big West Conference Track Athlete of the Week this season after earning the honor on March 6. The freshman garnered three second-place finishes in the 100-meter dash, 200-meter dash and 4×100-meter relay at the Riverside City College Quad Meet on March 3.

The team looks to build on its recent success as it participates in the UC Riverside Spring Classic starting Thursday and ending Saturday.