Kyle Allman named Big West Tournament Most Valuable Player, Khalil Ahmad and Jackson Rowe named to All-Tournament team for Cal State Fullerton men’s basketball

Kyle Allman looking to pass the ball

Titans guard Kyle Allman earned the Big West Tournament Most Valuable Player award after securing a conference championship for Cal State Fullerton men’s basketball with a 71-55 win over UC Irvine.

Allman, along with guard Khalil Ahmad and forward Jackson Rowe, were named to the Big West All-Tournament team.

“I just wanted to take it game by game and let everything fall into place. It just happened the way I wanted it to,” Allman said.

Allman locked up the award after his heroic efforts against the Anteaters. He scored 26 points, grabbed six rebounds, dished out three assists and collected three steals in the win.

“I worked super hard to get this. I was down on not being player of the year so this made me really happy,” Allman said.

He is now the second player in program history to receive this achievement.

The trio accounted for 145 of the team’s 202 points scored throughout the tournament. Ahmad was the only Titan to score in double digits in all three postseason games.

Rowe put together a convincing case for tournament MVP in the first two games, averaging 17 points, 9.5 rebounds and two steals over the stretch. However, his quiet night against Irvine combined with the superb play of Allman left Rowe empty-handed.

“I wasn’t worried about tournament MVP. I was worried about getting through to March Madness,” Rowe said.

Only one member of the media Big West preseason poll predicted the Titans would win the conference. Allman said the team used the predictions as motivation during the postseason.

Rowe said the disbelief fueled their tournament run and continues to give them confidence going forward.

“When people doubt us, it makes us play even harder,” Rowe said.

The Titans earned a No. 15 seed in the east region of the NCAA tournament and will take on No. 2 Purdue University in Detroit, Michigan on Friday, March 16 at 9:40 a.m. PST.

Ruben Cardenas swings at a ball

Bad words lead to an ejection for Ruben Cardenas and a 5-2 loss for CSUF baseball

A late run by CSUF baseball right fielder Jairus Richards wasn’t enough to stretch the Titans winning streak, as

Dwight Ramos celebrates winning the Big West with his Titans teammates.

Dwight Ramos departs Cal State Fullerton men’s basketball team in search of a larger role at another school

The reigning Big West champions will have an opening on the wing to fill heading into next season, as

CSUF Associated Students holds closed election hearings; expert says meetings were illegal

Associated Students violated a California open meeting law over the last two weeks by failing to post agendas for