Lakers guard Lonzo Ball congratulates Austen Awosika, CSUF men’s basketball on Big West Tournament win

Lakers guard Lonzo Ball watches CSUF men's basketball play in the Big West Tournament

Austen Awosika didn’t have his best game of the season as CSUF men’s basketball knocked off UC Irvine to win the Big West Tournament, but getting the win was enough to impress his friend — and Los Angeles Lakers point guard — Lonzo Ball.

Awosika and Ball have been friends since high school, and with the Lakers not having a game Saturday night but still staying in Southern California while waiting to host the Cleveland Cavaliers on Sunday, Ball was able to watch Awosika and the Titans beat the Anteaters 71-55.

Based on his Twitter account, Ball seemed to like what he saw from Awosika as he scored 3 points and grabbed 2 steals to help the Titans to victory.

Ball and Awosika are also close with Anteaters forward John Edgar Jr. from their time in high school, meaning that by attending the game, the Lakers rookie could go and watch two members of the group that calls themselves “Yerm Squad” on social media.

Having star power like Ball courtside at a CSUF game is rare, and getting a few shoutouts from a bona fide celebrity can only boost the national profile of Titans basketball, something their NCAA Tournament bid guaranteeing win tonight will also aid in.

The Titans’ opponent for their NCAA Tournament first-round game will be announced during ESPN’s selection show beginning Sunday, March 11.

Exterior shot of the CSUF emblem

Cal State Universities work to improve sustainability efforts

Sustainability is becoming more important to all Cal State Universities as each university has agreed to comply with specific

Where CSUF’s water comes from and how it’s maintained

Cal State Fullerton’s water supply comes from the city of Fullerton, which gets its water from the Metropolitan Water

Cal State Fullerton’s commuter culture negatively impacts air quality on campus

Commuter behavior poses a threat to Cal State Fullerton’s ability to meet air quality pollution standards set by the