Andrew Quezada of CSUF baseball earns Big West Conference Pitcher of the Week after shutout against Hawaii

In Baseball, Sports, Top Stories
Titans pitcher Andrew Quezada throwing a pitch.
(Katie Albertson / Daily Titan File Photo)

Cal State Fullerton baseball pitcher Andrew Quezada earned the Big West Conference Pitcher of the Week award on Monday, following his shutout in the Titans 8-0 win over Hawaii on Sunday.

Quezada tossed his first complete game of the season, logging a career-high nine strikeouts while giving up 11 hits.

“It’s an honor to earn this award, but honestly this is a team award,” Quezada told CSUF Sports Media. “I owe a lot of credit to my teammates for getting me so many runs and playing such great defense behind me.”

Quezada joked that he’s never received the game ball after giving up 11 hits.

A lot of hits weren’t hard but the defense was working hard. I’ll take it, it’s a win,” Quezada said.

This year, Quezada  has started in all nine of his appearances, holding a 2-4 record with a 4.25 ERA. His stats, however, are bogged down by a rough start to the season where he was used as the Saturday starter.

In the five games since moving to the Sunday job, Quezada is 2-2 with 22 strikeouts and 11 earned runs in 32 innings pitched.

“(I’m) learning throughout each start,” Quezada said. “Taking the good and the bad, learning from it and continuing to make adjustments.”

Guests hug each other at the memorial service for Augie Garrido on Nov. 9.

CSUF honors the Titans baseball head coach Augie Garrido

CSUF baseball players, coaches, alumni and members of the CSUF athletic department commemorated the life of Augie Garrido, a

CSUF volleyball middle blocker Summer Kerins celebrates senior night with her family and head coach Ashley Preston when the Titans faced the Cal Baptist Lancers.

CSUF volleyball salvages one set against Cal Baptist on senior night

CSUF volleyball dropped its final home match of the season 3-1 to Cal Baptist University on Tuesday night, giving

The ‘Mayans M.C.’ takes ‘Sons of Anarchy’ to a new level

The “Mayans M.C.” season finale gave fans an answer to the season’s biggest mystery, but brings more unanswered questions