ASI offers refunds for CSUF Spring Concert tickets in wake of Kehlani cancelling her performance

In News, Top Stories
Metro Boomin performs on stage at ASI's Spring Concert at CSUF

CSUF Associated Students is offering refunds to Spring Concert ticket purchasers after main headliner Kehlani cancelled her performance due to health issues.

The announcement came over social media and through email Monday, with Associated Students apologizing for how it handled the situation involving Kehlani’s illness and inability to follow through with her performance, leaving some in attendance waiting for over an hour before realizing what was happening.

“We understand that this cancellation was disappointing to everyone and we apologize for not being able to inform our audience sooner,” read the release from Associated Students.

Spring Concert did not go as we had planned. In light of this unexpected and disappointing situation, we are offering a full refund to any ticket purchaser who wishes to request one. Any ticket purchaser can submit a refund request by completing the online request form at https://asicsuf.wufoo.com/forms/mijbv2906rp8xn/ (also linked in our bio). For more information, you can contact the ASI Information & Services desk by phone at (657) 278-2468 any time after 12:00 P.M. today. We understand that this cancellation was disappointing to everyone and we apologize for not being able to inform our audience sooner. After arriving and attempting to warm up, Kehlani notified ASI’s concert management team of her illness and inability to perform. Within minutes, and before any other official notification could be given, Kehlani released the information via social media. Once informed, our immediate concern was for the safety of all students, alumni, and guests in attendance. We appreciate everyone’s understanding and patience.

A post shared by Associated Students, Inc. (@asicsuf) on

Scott Martin, Associated Students associate director of marketing communications and design, said Kehlani took action before a decision was made on what the next steps would be.

She took it upon herself and she posted to social media before we were even done discussing with her management. We didn’t even have a chance to announce that she wasn’t going to perform,” Martin said.

Kehlani posted on her Instagram story at 7:57 p.m. pre-apologizing for what turned out to be her cancellation. No official announcement came from Associated Students regarding Spring Concert besides the voice of Kehlani apologizing over the sound system at approximately 9 p.m.

It wasn’t until 10:43 p.m., over an hour after the concert had already concluded, that Associated Students took to Twitter to comment on the situation. The post did not address its reasoning for the hour of silence on the matter.

Martin said Associated Students began talks about giving refunds immediately.

“The process, like with anything with contracts being involved, is you have to go through all the legal aspects of what a contract entails and put a plan together. Discussions began on our next steps at the actual conclusion of the Spring Concert,” Martin said.

The refund offer is not automatic and requires purchasers to fill out a request form online to get their money back.

Kristin Orloff reads from her book American Wings, Iranian Roots in the Pollak Library on Wednesday evening

Author Kristin Orloff and Reza Abedi of biography ‘American Wings, Iranian Roots’ come to CSUF to share the story of the Iranian defector

CSUF alumna Kristin Orloff said her life was changed after hearing the story of Reza Abedi, a gold-medal winning

Leo Torrez and Caleb Gibson standing next to each other smiling for 'The Importance of Being Earnest' by CSUF

CSUF Theater Review: ‘The Importance of Being Earnest’ delightfully revisits Oscar Wilde’s classic

CSUF’s “The Importance of Being Earnest” lets audiences indulge in Oscar Wilde’s classic, serving up sunny melodrama and mishaps,

Flags are in the background. A silhouette of a soldier faces a person protesting.

OPINION: Israel’s response to weekly border protests was justified

As Israel approaches its 70 years of independence as a democratic Jewish state, it faces a weekly threat from