Cal State Fullerton men’s basketball guard Kyle Allman ‘testing waters’ by working out for teams ahead of 2018 NBA Draft

In Men's Basketball, Sports, Top Stories
Kyle Allman takes a jumpshot
(Marshall Farthing / Purdue Exponent)

Cal State Fullerton men’s basketball guard Kyle Allman confirmed he will work out with NBA teams leading up to the 2018 NBA draft.

The Titans’ leading scorer said he is “testing the waters” and plans to return for his senior season if a team doesn’t select him in the draft.

“(I’m going to) put in the work until next summer unless they guarantee me a spot,” Allman said.

Allman said he’s using the workouts to get feedback from the different franchises prior to his senior season. He confirmed that he will not be signing with an agent ahead of his workouts, meaning he’ll still be eligible to play his senior season if he pulls back out of the draft.

From his sophomore to junior season, Allman improved from 10.2 points per game to 19.5 while increasing his three-point accuracy by more than 15 percent (42.9).

In his junior season, he led the Big West conference in overall and conference scoring, made the Big West Men’s Basketball All-Conference First Team and was named the Big West Tournament Most Valuable Player.

Allman’s efforts helped lead the Titans to the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2008 by winning the Big West Tournament.  

Fullerton lost to Purdue 74-48 in the first round of the tournament. Allman scored 21 points and grabbed five rebounds in the contest.

Last year, Titans leading scorer Tre Coggins worked out for the Lakers and other NBA teams in preparation for the 2017 NBA draft, but was ultimately not selected.