Cal State Fullerton softball will host No. 1 UCLA on Tuesday

In Softball, Sports

Cal State Fullerton softball will play its first midweek game since March 21 as it hosts USA Today’s No. 1 UCLA.

The Titans (29-20) ride an eight-game winning streak into their face off with the Bruins (44-3), who have a 10-game winning streak of their own. Both teams are in first place of their conferences.

“I think it will be really good to go into the game with a lot of confidence,” infielder Mikaela Francis said. “It will also be a great test for us … to see how we match up against teams of higher rankings when we get to postseason.”

In Big West conference play, CSUF leads in runs, hits and RBIs. Center fielder Ari Williams tops the leaderboards for runs in the conference (14). Designated player Deshea Hill’s 13 RBIs trail only four behind Long Beach State’s Taylor Rowland.

Trish Parks’ 28 strikeouts leaves her tied for fourth-most among pitchers.

As a team, UCLA holds the second-highest batting average in the nation (.352). Individually, outfielder Aaliyah Jordan ranks fourth nationally for batting average (.475), and leads the Pac-12 Conference in hits and RBIs with 66 and 58, respectively.

Titans Head Coach Kelly Ford does not plan on changing the team’s approach, despite facing one of the most talented rosters in the nation.

“We’re going to keep the same game plan: focus on the first pitch, play our game and stay in rhythm. Tuesday doesn’t make or break anything. It’s another opportunity to compete and get better and that’s what we’re looking at it as,” Ford said.

Tuesday’s game is slated to start at 6:00 p.m. at Anderson Family Field.

Guests hug each other at the memorial service for Augie Garrido on Nov. 9.

CSUF honors the Titans baseball head coach Augie Garrido

CSUF baseball players, coaches, alumni and members of the CSUF athletic department commemorated the life of Augie Garrido, a

CSUF volleyball middle blocker Summer Kerins celebrates senior night with her family and head coach Ashley Preston when the Titans faced the Cal Baptist Lancers.

CSUF volleyball salvages one set against Cal Baptist on senior night

CSUF volleyball dropped its final home match of the season 3-1 to Cal Baptist University on Tuesday night, giving

The ‘Mayans M.C.’ takes ‘Sons of Anarchy’ to a new level

The “Mayans M.C.” season finale gave fans an answer to the season’s biggest mystery, but brings more unanswered questions